14- Difficult Maths Puzzle

Chapter 14- Difficult Maths Puzzle

Crystal's POV

Here's a tip: whatever you decide think it through, feelings are harder to kill but even harder to resurrect. Why I thought this at this specific moment? No reason, it just popped in my head as I opened my eyes to greet the glowing sun.

Arms retracted from my shoulders allowing me to rise, "we're here."

I glanced at Allakide's porcelain face that seem to glow in the sun light before looking out the window. Pale people littered the street strolling about their business, to be accurate; vampires littered street. I looked at the few people we spotted here and there as we drove by in confusion.

Shouldn't they be burning? Then again Allakide can walk in the sun but he's royalty so it's expected but for me and the other vamps. What's the explanation for that? My belly grumbled loudly taking my gaze from the window.

"It seems we need to feed that beast inside you." Allakide chuckled at my expense, I slapped his arm.

"Hey! My tummy is not a beast!"

"Tell that to the countless food you devoured along this ride." I huffed, turning back to the window.

They would stopped and bow as the limo passed before continuing their task, nothing unusual so far. I guess the palace is past the town into the woods, I'm excited to see it, not really. I wonder who I will meet there? I mean like apart from army, royal family, advisers...... that's usually the only people residing in the palace. This is going to be boring.

Wait, unless, a smirk starts to form on my lips. Suppose their is a jealous ex or something along that line and she wants 'her' man. 'Okay I read too much books.'

"How do you like it so far?" I hummed.

"I'm interesting in the college we passed." I rested my chin on my palm, staring into his eyes.

"I'm not letting you go there." He quickly replied after a thought, his jaw clenched.

"And why is that?" I entertained his delusion, speaking steadily.

"I'm not letting you out of my sight to go there where you will be oogled by horny boys." He replied smoothly, eerily calm.

"May I reminded you that college is for the purpose of learning." I raised an eyebrow at him, I'm going there to learn I don't care who want to stare as along as they don't touch, we're great.

"That doesn't matter, I won't sit by and let you walk around like you are a meal for their eyes to feast on." He said with finality.

I hummed once more, "We will see." And that does matter it's the whole purpose of it.

"How are you so calm?" I spared him a side glance at the question.

"Should I not be?"

"No, just usually when I see situations like this with other Beloveds the females would get angry." He explained, staring curiously.

"They were angered because the man wanted to take control of their desire and they're angry because they believe deep down that they couldn't go against his words." I started, he look rather pleased at the end. Of course, man just love the control they think they have.

"Now the difference between them and me is," I turned and look him steadily into his eyes. "I do what I want and no one will stop me from accomplishing my goal. If I want to go to college, I will go to college. I'm not going to get heated at such matters, I know what I want."

He stared for a while before finally saying something, "You can't defy my wishes for you."

"Says who?"

"I am your beloved and king." An amused smile forced itself on my lips, I wonder if girls usually get angry when there beloved try to use their status or position on them? I find it rather amusing.

"What's your point, your majesty?" I couldn't help the teasing tone leaking into my words.

"It is your duty to obey king." He looking damn well serious right now, it makes me want to laugh.

"Then it's your duty to please your queen."

"Damn woman, I'm using every trick I can think of to stop you." He grunted, huffing like a child. I couldn't stop the laugh now.

"You can't change my mind. I love learning, I love knowledge." I chuckled out, crossing my legs.

"Let's make a deal." He offered, turning serious.

"What kind of deal?" I felt odd, like my movements have became more sultry in a sense.

"I won't complain about you going to college if I go with you."

"Allakide you are god know how much years old, you had only went the day to school with me because I knew you wouldn't want to separate from me yet." This guy is ridiculous, doesn't he have king duties or whatever to do.

"Not as a student but a professor." He deadpanned, looking kind of offend about it.  Yeah I know, you could pass for a college student but damn professor was spiraling some wild thoughts.

"Sure, I got no problem with that." I don't see what can go wrong with that. Probably many things can go wrong but we will see.

He smirked, "Let's see how you will handle it."

I frowned deeply at that, I knew what he meant. Him being oogled by girls, they might even find reasons to talk to him and there will be plenty since he will be a professor. Hmm another set of girls to test my self control, I like these tests though. If I fail I get to pummel someone, if I pass I get the rub it in Allakide's face. It's a win-win situation for me.

The car came to a stop and our my door was opened, the young man looked surprised to see me. I thanked him and stepped out, Allakide followed suit. I stared up at the large building before me, it was a modern castle painted in white.

"Do you like it?" A pair of hands came resting on my shoulders.

"Allakide, how old are you?"

"374, why?" He answered confused, I turned to him.

"I am very very disappointed in you, sir." He looked confused as to what I was talking about.

"It's not that bad! It's just 356 years age difference." He said, almost pleadingly.

I paused, "Why do they make vampires seem like pedophiles???" Poor thing looked lost of words, gaping at me.

"But anyway that was not what I was talking about. I'm talking about that I expected to see an ancient castle but nah I see a modern one." I was close to tears, I love history, anything ancient and old very much like this hottie standing before me hehehe. I hope he can't read minds.

"Uhhhhh." Allakide looked behind at Jackie but he slight shrugged silently showing his confusion as well.

"Anyways, quick question, were you the one who picked out the colour and decor?" I don't know but white just doesn't seem like him, it's too plain and he's too dark.

"No I hire someone for that."

"Thought so. The castle is really beautiful though, who want to give me a tour?!!" I asked excitedly, bouncing on my feet.

Allakide stared down at me, his hands still on my shoulders. Sir, I'm not a difficult maths puzzle stop looking at me like one.