2- Mate

Chapter 2- Mate

Crystal's POV

Brrriinnggg

The alarm blasted into my ears first thing in the morning. A groan pushed through my parted lips as I pulled my exhausted body out the bed.

8:00 am 

"Happy birthday to me," I muttered to myself.

Within 10 minutes, I was out of the shower and transferring the water from my wet body onto my towel. 

"What to wear?" I questioned, standing bare in front of my closet. My gazed thoughtfully at the white clothes hanging before me.

Ultimately, I settled with grabbing whatever my hand touch. It came out surprisingly decent. My mom's crystal necklace swung when I bent for my shoe, gently I tucked it into my blouse.

I set out without breakfast after the hygiene routine, smiling happily decked fully in white. I worked at a cafe in the human town 15 minutes from here with my speed of course.

The sun glared down on the land but it's touch was warming. I prefer day over night because it shield me from the grubby hands of my tormenters.

My train of thoughts came to a stop when I realize the cafe was nearing and slowed my pace. The cafe was small with a welcoming aura to it.

"Morning, Catherine." I greeted, my boss with a smile.

"Oh thank god, Crystal you're here. Jasmine and Esmeralda called in sick today. Please hurry and change." Catherine rushed out in a panic.

" Okay, okay. Take a deep breath." I advised.

After changed into my custom made white maid uniform, I went to attend to the customers. It was unusually crowded today.

"Good morning, master," I bowed, not looking on the customer," this way, master."

Five hours passed and it's ten minutes to 2pm when my shift ends.

Brring!!

The bell rang from the impact of the door, announcing another customer's arrival. I smoothly rushed to the front to warmly greet the arriving customer. As usual, I didn't look at the customer.

"Good afternoon, master," I bowed, " this way please."

The smell of roses and mint floated to my nosed, declaring the presence of beloved. I gleefully thanked the god for answering my prayer. Sometimes vampires don't find their beloved for centuries. .

"What would you li-" I trailed off when red eyes stared into mine.

He was my beloved and very pleasing to the eyes. By his pale skin, I could tell he was a vampire but how wass he able to walk in the day?

"I'm sorry, master. What would you like to have today?" I asked avoiding eye contact, my boots unexpectedly looked quite interesting right now.

"I would like a coffee, thank you." I knees bucked but luckily I regain my balance before I fall into the table.

His voice was unexpectedly deep, causing a delay in my brain process. Deep voices were rather common, his face had a define structure but gave a soft look especially with his soft smile. I wouldn't have paired the gentle face with a deep voice.

"Right away, master." I pushed out, I relay the order to staff at the back.

I lean on the wall to catch my breath before returning with his coffee and out of there before he could say anything. I have four minutes left before I can leave. I'll just change now and check out by then.