Stop with the distractions

When Jeremy reached the lobby of Stiles' apartment building, the last thing he expected to see was Derek rushing in, covered in blood.

"Whoa, whoa," Jeremy caught Derek as he brushed by him.

"Is Stiles here?" Derek asked desperately.

"What the hell happened to you?" Jeremy wanted to be mad, wanted to rip into Derek for hurting Stiles again. But Jeremy had a sneaking suspicion that Derek might have a good reason.

"Klaus happened to me, now please tell me Stiles is here," Derek's expression looked pained and Jeremy knew that he felt guilty for standing Stiles up.

"He's here. He's in a rough spot though. He thinks you left," Jeremy gave Derek a sympathetic look.

The expression that crossed Derek's face told Jeremy that was what Derek had been afraid of.

Derek reached for the elevator door.

"Hey, are you okay?" Jeremy's hand was still clasped around Derek's forearm.

"Yeah, and don't worry, Klaus found his guy, he won't be a problem anymore," With that Derek pulled from Jeremy's grip and stepped into the elevator.

Derek knocked on Stiles' door with his apology already ready to go.

The door opened to see a teary eyed Stiles, "Jeremy, I told you I'm fine- Derek?"

"Stiles, I'm so sorry I-"

"Oh my god, are you okay? Is that your blood?" Stiles reached for Derek's blood stained shirt.

"Yeah, but I'm okay. I'm so sorry I missed dinner. Klaus found me and-"

"Klaus? Klaus did this to you?" Stiles gaped at the werewolf, pulling him inside.

"I would have called but I lost my phone when he got the jump on me. I'm so sorry," Derek continued.

Stiles' hands lifted Derek's shirt to see the wound was already healed.

"Hey, I'm okay," Derek said grabbing Stiles' wrists gently.

Stiles looked up at Derek with those whiskey brown eyes, "I thought you left again." Stiles dropped his head as he pulled his hands away.

"Stiles, I'm so sorry. I promise, I'm not going anywhere," Derek stepped forward, lifting Stiles' chin. "I wanna hear what happened at the range. How'd it go with the Captain?"

Stiles' lips curled into a small smile, "He's reinstating me first thing Monday."

"Stiles, that's amazing," Derek scooped Stiles into a hug, lifting the human slightly.

Stiles let out a laugh, "Yeah, I was excited. Jeremy's glad to have me back."

Derek set Stiles down and pulled back, looking into his eyes, "Did you see her?"

Stiles shook his head, "No. I only heard your voice telling me that I could do it. I remembered how you pretended not to know how to shoot and I remembered how confident I felt teaching you, then I applied it to the moment."

"I'm so proud of you, Stiles," Derek smiled fondly down at the human.

"I couldn't have done it without you," Stiles dropped his eyes in embarrassment as he closed the still open door.

It was then Derek noticed the jacket and keys on the side table next to the door.

"Were you going out?" Derek asked with a frown.

"Oh, uh...I was just gonna head to the bar for a bit," Stiles shrugged.

Derek's shoulder's tensed. He knew what that meant.