Apocalypse Part 1

Grian POV

Don't get me wrong. Hermitcraft is an amazing place. But there are still times I do a double take. Like when I get sucked into a different dimension with my friends.

Because you know, logic.

This is all pretty sudden, so let's go back a few days.

Transition scene brought to you by ConCorp. Give us all your money! Come to the golf course! But mostly, just give us money!

Mumbo flew into my base. It was midnight, and I couldn't think of any reason why my best friend would fly over here.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Mumbo's great and all. I just prefer seeing him when I'm not awake in the middle of the night because I can't sleep. 

It wasn't like I was doing anything important though.

Still. I digress.

"Grian!" He shouted. "There you are!"

A sharp wind blew him off course, and his flight was a bit messed up, but he regained balance quickly.

"What are you doing?" I asked. I had to raise my voice over the wind.

"Saving you!" He yelled back. "Haven't you checked the chat?"

I hadn't in a while. Quickly I opened up the chat, and was immediately assaulted by messages from every Hermit. All saying;

"Grian!" "Mumbo, have you found Grian yet?" "Where are you Grian?"

Dumbfounded, I looked back up at Mumbo. "What's going on?" I yelled up at him.

"Nobody knows! We're all getting together in TFC's bunker to wait out the storm. Nowhere else is safe! The entire server's being destroyed!"

I was quiet for a second.

"Get your elytra G! We've got to go!" He managed to land on the roof, and quickly type I found him in the chat.

I rummaged through my chest, and pulled out my elytra and some rockets. I launched myself into the air, and together, we headed off to TFC's place.

I don't really think I'd ever met TFC before this. Scaring him with the tag doesn't count, and the dude stays in his bunker most of the time. In fact, he goes above ground so rarely, that his house hadn't changed since day one. 

I had no idea how we were going to fit so many hermits in such a tiny space.

We went into his house, and Mumbo went down a ladder. I'd always assumed it went to his strip mines or something.

Instead, it opened up into a massive underground bunker. A makeshift hospital had taken over one corner of the common area. In it were five beds, three of which were being occupied by Hermits. Mumbo and I walked over, and with a gasp I recognized Iskall, False, and Cub on them.

 Jevin and Joe were playing doctor, bringing bandages and other things to help the Hermits. Cub was covered head to toe in scrapes and bruises. False was pretty much the same, and it soon became apparent that most of the attention was on Iskall.

Our fellow Architeck lay unconscious on his bed. One leg jutted out at an awkward angle. Cuts and splinters covered it.

"What happened?" I whispered.

Jevin walked up to us. The slime hybrid looked exhausted. "Tree fell on him."

"Will he be okay soon?" Mumbo asked.

"Give him another week or so. He's tough, he can take it." Was Joe's response.

"C'mon Gri, let's go." Mumbo and I walked away.

We walked to the other side of the common area. We passed the other Hermits on the way. Impulse, who's arm was in a sling. Python, who was chatting with an exhausted looking Biffa. Stress, Tango, and Zedaph, all of whom suffered injuries.

I couldn't believe it. So many of us injured.

We eventually got to the other side of the room. Doc and Ren were waiting.

Let me take a moment to introduce you to the stock brokers. Ren is a dog hybrid. He looks like a normal human, but had fluffy brown ears and a tail. He could also bark, growl, and I'd had numerous occasions where I'd been woken up by him howling at the moon.

Doc is a creeper-cyborg-human hybrid. He (along with Python) had scaly creeper skin. Other than the fact that he had half of a cyborg face and a cyborg arm, he was just a human with green creeper skin.

Doc lay on one of the couches that had been brought in, his eyes closed. His leg was propped up and wrapped in bandages. Ren sat beside him, growling for a second as we approached, but relaxing when he saw it was us. He nudged Doc with a hand, and the creeper opened his eyes.