Apocalypse Part 14

Meaty found them. They're screwed.

Mumbo POV

"Hermits." Meaty's cold voice came from the other side of the door. "Open the door and let's talk."

"I don't think so Meat Face." Ren snarled.

"You aren't fooling us." Doc hissed.

"Open the door." Meaty repeated.

"Step away from the door." I raised my sword. "We have a Grian, and he has tnt. Run or be blown up." 

"Gee thanks." Grian muttered.

Silence.

"Did I forget to mention that I have your friends?" Meaty asked in an innocent voice.

I shot up. What?

Tango's voice came weak through the door.

"Guys?.."

"And we wouldn't want anything to happen, now would we?"

"Guys!" Falsey's voice was stronger than Tango, but still weak. "Don't let him in!"

"Quiet!" Meaty snapped.

An unfamiliar voice piped in. "You guys, don't worry about us!"

Wither shot up. "Mighty?" He asked.

"Yes." Meaty answered. "And more of your friends too. So if you don't want them hurt, then open up.

The five of us exchanged a pained look. "I'll do it." Wither sighed.

We all prepared our weapons as he opened the door.

Meaty was there alright. Along with five Halfhel guards. They dropped a person each and left.

I tried to run to Iskall, but Grian held me back. 

"We don't know if it's a trap." He murmured.

Iskall, Tango, False, and Joe lay slumped on the floor. Another person lay with them, but I honestly didn't know what it was.

They looked like a human, but they had ears and a tail that were kind of like a wolf/tiger thing. This must be Mighty I thought, since that's what Wither had called them.

"What do you want?" Doc growled. Ren stood beside him, teeth bared. And I had my sword ready, in case Meaty tried anything.

Grian and Wither whispered to each other. I couldn't make out what they were saying.

Meaty shrugged. "Isn't it obvious? For you all to be dead." 

"Yeah, the knifes really gave that away." Ren spat. Meaty just shrugged.

"What can I say? They're nice weapons." He showed us the row of knifes on his belt. How on earth did he get so many?

"But why?" I asked. "And why do you have our friends?" I gestured to the unconscious people at Meaty's feet.

"Friends make the best hostages." He said in a casual tone.

I tensed. "You're playing the hostage game now?" I asked.

Grian took out his bow and loaded it with an arrow. He pointed it at Meaty's head. "No he isn't."

Meaty laughed. "You know you can't hurt me." 

"I already stabbed you with poison." Ren muttered.

Grian smiled a wicked little grin. "Oh I never said I was aiming for you."