Apocalypse Part 2

Grian POV

"Hey guys."Doc said weakly. "Glad you could join the party Grian."

"I didn't receive my invite until it flew through the window." I replied with a glance at Mumbo. He looked away.

"How's it up above!" Ren asked.

"Much worse." Mumbo said gravely. "Most of the shopping district is gone, along with all of the modern and mid evil districts too. The fantasy district was just breached when I passed."

Ren's ears drooped. I'd forgotten that he lived there for a second.

"Do we know what's causing it?" I asked. If I could get their minds off that depressing topic, we might be able to actually do something.

"Not yet. I was looking for anything that might give it away, but there's nothing weird in the server. Except the freak storm." Mumbo replied.

"I have a guess." I said.

"If you're thinking that it's EvilX, then you're wrong." Ren cut in.

I blinked. "How do we know?" I asked.

Ren pointed to one of the walls. Xisuma was laying on one of the beds. A long cut ran from his neck, down his gut, and ended at the top of his leg. Blood seeped over the edge of the cut. One of his arms were crushed. Cleo was there, trying to coax potions down his throat. With a sickening feeling, I realized that he was awake, during all of the pain.

But the most surprising thing about the scene was... EvilX?

I thought my mind was playing tricks on me. But nope, X's brother was standing beside him, asking Cleo if he was going to be okay.

This surprisingly wasn't followed by a line about how he wanted X to recover so he could torment him some more.

"X saved him. A boulder fell on top of EvilX, but X pushed him out of the way." Doc explained.

I shuddered. That sounded awful.

"EvilX checked to see if anybody could come. We told him to bring him here. He brought X down, and hasn't left his side since." He continued.

I had to smile at the fact that EvilX would do that. Maybe he was going soft.

Or maybe not. I mean, it's EvilX, so who knows?

I started to ask another question, but an announcement from a speaker on the wall interrupted me.

"If any seekers are available, please come to the entrance of the base."

I recognized Python's voice. At least he was fine.

I turned to Mumbo. "What does he mean by seekers?" I asked.

"Those of us who are fine have been going out to find people." He said. "There aren't many of us though, and since Doc was hurt we're down another."

Doc glared at Mumbo. "What do you mean? I'm going."

"Not with that leg you aren't!" Ren snapped.

"It's just a small cut, no big deal."

"If you call a sliced open leg fine, then yeah, I agree." Mumbo retorted.

I blinked. "Sliced open leg?" I asked.

"Yeah." Ren sat up, a smile growing on his face. Doc tried to get him to stop talking, but it didn't work.

"This idiot" he said, pointing at Doc "was out with me, and he thought he saw somebody under a tree."

Doc turned away from Ren.

"I told him it was nobody, but he insisted.

"So he flew down, and he almost made it when a piece of glass flew by and cut his leg."

Doc scowled at Ren. Meanwhile, I was trying to keep from laughing.

"What happened next?" I asked. "Or do I even want to know?"

Ren grinned. "I got him back here," he said. "But Doc insisted that I check to see if there was a person."

I bit the inside of my cheek, trying not to smile.

"Ren" Doc said quietly. "Don't say it."

Ren said it. "It was an armour stand."

I couldn't help it. I burst into laughter. Mumbo and Ren did too.

Doc went red, or as red as you can be with green skin. "Remind me why we're friends." He grumbled.

Ren elbowed Doc. "You need us!" He said. "Plus you need somebody to remind you not to go chasing armour stands in the middle of storms!"

Mumbo and I laughed harder. Doc swatted Ren, but the hybrid scooted to the other side of the couch before the blow could hit. Around the bunker, Hermits stared at us. My guess was they were wondering what we could possibly be laughing about.

Mumbo managed to pull himself together. "C'mon guys." He said. "Let's meet up with the others."

I walked toward the Seekers with Mumbo, as Ren squabbled with Doc behind us.

Python stood beside the ladder, with Tango, Biffa, and Stress beside him. They watched as we approached with curious eyes.

"Do I want to know what you guys were laughing about?" Python asked.

"If you want details, ask Doc if he saved the armour stand." I said, unable to contain my smile. Python just raised his eyebrow.

"I HEARD THAT!" Doc roared.

"...Okay." Python hesitated. Then he started talking to the whole group.

"We've done a good job so far. Most Hermits are here, along with an extra." He said, with a glance at EvilX.

"But there are still people out there. Mumbo just got back with Grian, and that's good, but our troubles aren't over yet."

I didn't want to hear this. I didn't want to know who could still be out there, injured or dying. But Python went on.

"Scar and Wels are out there, and TFC hasn't come back from his search yet."