Apocalypse Part 13

Wow, this story is getting long. But it's not ending for a while. I might have to start writing longer chapters.

Mumbo POV

Grian's brilliant idea? Walk right into the base unarmed.

The plan was simple. Wither would take one of us inside, saying they were going to go to Meaty. They would incapacitate the guards, without injuring them, and we all would go inside.

I'm glad Grian's here with us. We never would have thought of this on our own.

The only issue was choosing who would go inside with the Halfhel. And it's not that we all didn't want to go. It's that we all wanted to go.

"I should." Doc hissed, careful not to alert the guards.

Grian frowned. "Guys?"

We didn't pay attention. 

"I will." I growled.

"Guys?" Grian shook my shoulder. I brushed him off.

"I'm going in." Doc shot back.

"GUYS." Grian shook both of us.

We whipped around to face him. "What?" We both asked. Grian pointed to the door.

Wither and Ren were there, ropes tied around the hybrid's wrists.

Oh. How did we not notice them leave?

"Where did you find him?" The dark haired guard asked, poking Ren with her spear. Ren growled at her.

Wither shrugged. "Forest." He said vaguely.

The paler one raised an eyebrow. "How come I've never seen you before?" She asked.

Shoot. One fatal flaw in Grian's plan.

Wither didn't hesitate. "Do you honestly think you know every single Halfhel?" He replied evenly.

She narrowed her eyes. "Then who are you?"

Wither didn't break a sweat. "I would ask who you are daughter of Plutus." He turned to the darker one. "Or you child of Hectate."

On that note, Ren tore his wrists apart and grabbed his sword. The ropes hadn't been on tightly at all.

Wither grabbed his knives and thrust them to the guard's throats.

We ran up and joined them in cornering the pair.

"Who am I?" He asked. "The name's Wither. That's all you need to know."

He opened the door and we walked inside. Ren first, Doc second, Grian, then me.

I turned to look back at the guards. The darker one closed her eyes for a second.

The next there was a grey wolf in her place. She tackled Wither, who dissapered under the beast. 

The other guard followed her friend's example and turned into a lioness. But instead of going after Wither, she leapt at the door. I yelped and Doc ran up. He punched the big cat with his robotic arm, and the creature flew backwards.

The wolf was thrown off Wither, and that was because our friend had changed too. He was now a black panther.

The cat that was our friend looked at us and pointed with its snout to the tallest tower. It fixed us with large, intelligent eyes. They were still Wither's red and green ones.

The message was clear. Go.

We didn't need any more encouragement. We ran down the hall, leaving our friend to hold off the enemies.