Apocalypse Part 17

The final fight! I hope my descriptive skills are working, 'cause I'm gonna need them! There will be lots of POV switching in this chapter.

No POV

It was a bloodbath.

And a bonebath.

The players charged ahead at the opposing army and drew their swords. Behind them, the skeletons advanced.

They plowed through the enemy ranks, slashing with their blades. One thing that they'd made certain before they left; they weren't trying to kill the Halfhels. They were innocent. Kind of.

Meaty's army certainly had no qualms about them dying. Arrows flew at them from all directions. Grabbing the reins, Grian turned sharply to the left, narrowly avoiding the projectiles.

Doc, Ren, Mumbo, and Wither all jumped off their rides as they entered the battlefield. Slashing, ducking, dodging, and fighting, they were quickly surrounded.

Wither changed into a grizzly, and swiped at a few enemies who were approaching. They flew backwards into a few of their allies.

Grian stayed on horseback, having gotten his hands on a spatha, a sword designed for horseback. With his new blade in hand, and Jack Skelabone 3.0 prepared for battle, he decimated enemy lines. 

Mumbo and Doc fought back to back with each other. Doc swung his sword at one Halfhel and caught her in the ribs. Another one lunged from behind, but Mumbo had his friend's back. He swung his trident and smacked them in the chest.

Ren was going for Meaty. The hybrid ran through enemy lines, ducking and dodging. He had a bow in one hand, and his other hand was ready to grab an arrow at any moment. One Halfhel attacked, but Ren shot them in the shoulder before he had the chance to strike.

Meaty was busy fighting off skeletons. They seemed like no more than an annoyance to the guy, but he was one and they were many.

Ren ran up to Meaty and caught him in the shoulder with an arrow. Meaty grunted and pulled out the projectile, but Ren was on top of him. 

He lashed out with a sword cutting Meaty in the ribs. The villain didn't seem bothered, only pausing to grab his own blade.

A dozen skeletons swarmed Meaty, knocking him down.

Metal clashed against metal. Blood met bone.

Arrows sailed towards Grian, but the rider wasn't fazed. He guided the horse through the chaos with ease.

A small black object flew through the air and landed in the middle of the Halfhels. It hit the ground and exploded. The grenade skeleton grinned, it's hollow eyes seeming to glow in the dusk light.

The legion of Hades was winning, pushing the enemy farther back.

Then the reinforcements came.

Ren POV

I ducked as another arrow sailed over my head. I caught glances of Mumbo and Doc, surrounded but winning. Wither, who was now a gorilla, threw a Halfhel at a whole line of warriors. They toppled like bowling pins. Grian was locked in combat with Meaty.

I grinned and knocked down another Halfhel. I stopped for a moment in front of a brigade of skeleton soldiers, one of whom for some reason was wearing a speedo.

"Let's go!" I raised my sword and led the small unit into battle. 

We charged at a unit of Halfhels, who's eyes widened in terror when they saw us. We fought with ease, and soon all of them were down. Except one.