Apocolypse Part 9

Wow! We know who the assassin is;

Meaty!

Yes, I will be referring to him as such until I reveal who it is.

The name's too good not to use.

Mumbo POV

I groaned and sat up. My head throbbed.

What happened?

I remember charging an assassin, him kicking me hard, I flew back, and passed out.

And left Doc alone to face the Madman.

Doc lay on the ground, the only weapon he had was a knife. The attacker, who looked like a half cooked hamburger patty, was standing over him, a foot placed on Doc's chest. Meat Face gently flicked the knife out of Doc's hand with their sword.

"Knifes." If a congested warthog could speak, it would sound like Meaty. "Deadly, but a flimsy weapon."

Without any warning at all, he jabbed the sword into Doc's arm. I winced. Doc's eyes flared with pain, but he stayed quiet.

"Doesn't hurt enough?" Meaty taunted.

Doc glared at him. "I can take more than that." he rasped.

Meat Face shrugged. "Alright." He stabbed Doc in the stomach. Doc screamed.

I trembled. As soon as Doc was done, I'd be killed the same way. I've got to help him.

I glanced around for something I could fight with. All I could see was a rock. That's plenty enough.

Quietly, I snuck up behind Meaty. He was laughing as Doc writhed in agony underneath him.

"Good." He whispered. "Good." Doc fell still.

I froze in terror. Was he dead? No, his chest was moving slightly. He was alive. 

For now.

Meaty laughed. "That was easy. I thought he was going to be much harder."

He raised the sword over Doc's throat. "Goodbye Doc."

Now I thought.

I lunged at Meat Face and brought the rock down hard on his head. He collapsed to the ground.

Meaty looked up at me. "You" he growled. "I thought I'd gotten rid of you."

He kept staring and laughed. "And YOU" he didn't seem to be addressing me. "I thought I'd left you behind."

"Well no bother." He kept babbling on and on. My god I thought. He's gone senile.

Actually, he probably went down that path long before now.

"I'll kill you all. All the Hermits, and all you loons as well!" He cackled. Then his head fell and he didn't move.

I didn't move for a minute.

"Well." The voice behind me made me jump. "Let's help your friend."

I turned around to face the stranger.

He was tall, with pale skin, and chocolate brown hair. He looked no more than 18. The stranger had a grey hoodie, black shirt, and jeans. His green eyes looked a lot like Grian's before he blew up something. Full of mischief and humor.

"Who are you?" I asked.

He grinned. The smile was warm, a lot nicer than Meaty's hellish grin.

"Forgot to introduce myself. Names Wither."

We agreed not to kill each other and to help Doc.

Wither picked up Doc gently, careful to avoid his injuries. I walked over to where Meaty lay unconscious. I couldn't help but kick him in the gut.

Meaty groaned.

I squeaked and ran after Wither.

I followed him across the desert, past ruined buildings, and back towards the forest. A little ways away from the tall tree, we turned right and walked for a bit in silence.

Walking gave me a good excuse to try to put together what happened. We went through the portal, landed here, were attacked by a phsyco, and met another stranger.

But we still hadn't found Grian and Ren.

That last part worried me. Where were they? Were they alright? Was Grian okay?

Had Meaty woken up? Was he going after them?

We got to a small house and went inside. I could tell that it had been like the other rumbled houses at one point, but had been put back together. And Wither did a good job at it too. 

We went inside to find a cozy, one room building. A bed, a couch, a small cooking area, and that was it.

Wither carefully lay Doc on the bed. He turned to me and said. "Don't worry. I'll look after him. Get some sleep. You need it." I tried to protest, but as soon as I hit the couch I was out.

I dreamed that Meaty found the others.

They were unconscious and tied up, Meaty prowling around them. He stopped in front of Ren, and impaled the hybrid. Ren didn't move. I think he was already dead.

He did the same to Grian, but the Architech was alive and awake. He screamed.

I woke up with a start, Grian's scream ringing in my ears. Wither noticed I was up.

"You alright?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. Just a bad dream."

He grimaced.

I looked over at him. "So." I asked after a minute. "Where are you from?"

"I came from another server, same way as you. Only I've been here for a week."

I blinked. "Did anyone else come through?"

He shook his head. "No, I was the only one. There aren't many people on my server."

I was curious now. "Tell me about it." I urged.

"It functions in a way similar to Hermitcraft. We're just smaller.

"There's me, Mighty, Fantasty, Nightmare, Wick, and Aqua. Not many, but enough to make it fun."

Behind us, Doc stirred. "Where?.."

I got up and stood beside him. "We're okay. Don't try to get up."

His eyes opened. "I'm fine." He insisted.

"Don't play that game." I scolded. "The last time you did that, you ended up in this world."

"No Mumbo, I mean it. Look." He opened his lab coat to show me the cut.

Or rather, where the cut used to be.

There was nothing. Only a faint white line where the blade had entered.

We turned around to look at Wither.

"How-" I was cut off as a blood curdling shriek echoed outside the house.