Chapter 25: Vampires

Lily's POV

I was laying on Catherine's chest, my arms wrapped around her while my legs were intertwined with hers. She had wrapped one arm around me while the other one was caressing one of my arms.

We weren't really talking, we weren't sleeping despite it being close to midnight. We were simply laying together, being in peace. And it felt wonderful. It's like we were communicating with one another without using words.

"I love this," Catherine said softly. "I want to stay like this forever." She then kissed my head and pulled me closer to her.

"Me too," I nuzzled closer to her, to her neck. "We can stay like this forever, can't we?"

Catherine chuckled a bit. "I wish we could."

I then sat up, moving my body slightly on top of Catherine's. "Why couldn't we?"

Catherine looked away.

"Haewa," I made her look at me. "What is it?"

She let out a breath. "We couldn't stay like this because I'd need to eat, I don't want to do that in front of your eyes."

My smile then dropped. She doesn't want me to see her at her lowest point... "You know I love you, right?"

She nodded.

I smiled a bit before laying down on her chest again. "I love you, haewa."

"I haewa esaeu," She let out a small sigh. "So very much."

I wanted to ask her about that, about her language. I wanted her to explain it to me, I wanted her to finally spill it all. But I wasn't going to push her, not today.

I smiled a bit before closing my eyes.

________________________

I woke up in the middle of the night. I didn't move a muscle, I simply tried looking around my environment to see why I suddenly woke up.

Then I noticed Catherine, seated at the edge of the bed again. She wasn't in any form, she was just sitting there, in silence.

I slowly sat up and looked at her. "Catherine?"

She looked down.

"What are you doing?"

She didn't reply to me.

I slowly crawled to her and sat down next to her, I noticed her eyes were blood red. She was hungry... "Are you ok?" I reached for her hands.

She looked at our hands. "I'm just hungry."

I nodded, I figured.

She looked at me. "I don't want to be."

I showed her a small smile. "I think it shows how strong you are that you're not eating or drinking."

Catherine looked down again. "I'm just so hungry." This time, I could really hear the desperation in her voice. She was really struggling.

"Come," I pulled her back down with me so we'd lay back in bed. I then caressed her face, so she'd look at me. "You know," I said, trying to avert her attention from the growing desire for blood and meat. "I've been wondering why you let your dad stay at the house."

Catherine looked at me and shrugged. "It's like you said, he could help in a way."

"Does that mean you'll visit him again?"

She looked down then.

"If you ever want to visit him again, you can count on me."

She looked back at me and smiled. "Thanks."

I smiled back.

Catherine wrapped her arms around me and pulled me closer to her. "I'm so happy to have you, you're the best wife ever."

I wrapped my arms around her as well. "So are you."

Catherine leaned in and kissed my lips gently. "I haewa esaeu."

Now I didn't hesitate to ask. "Why don't you teach me your language?" I paused before adding: "I want to understand everything you tell me."

She smiled a bit. "I could try to teach you, but it's difficult."

"You teach Emily too."

She slowly nodded. "But Emily already knows a big part of it," She said to which I raised my eyebrows. "It is the language of my kind after all."

I then looked down, smiling.

"What?"

I shook my head. "It's nothing."

Catherine nodded slowly but didn't seem pleased.

I pulled back only to grab my phone. "I was thinking about something," I said as I started looking for something on the internet. "This." I showed her my phone.

Catherine took it and read: "Vampire," She then looked at me. "What is that?"

"Well," I clicked onto pictures. "This."

Catherine looked at it and then let out a gasp. "That's like my kind," She looked at me again. "What is this?"

"This is your kind," I said as I put my phone down. "My kind, the humans, they use your kind in movies or stories."

Catherine seemed weirded out. "Why?"

I shrugged. "Because your kind's interesting," I then pulled my phone up and showed some movie covers with vampires in. "These are popular movies with vampires in, most of which are love stories."

Catherine looked from my phone to me. "I thought humans despised my kind," She then looked back at the movie covers. "Why would they do this?"

"Because not all humans are the same," I said to which Catherine looked at me, a look in her eyes. "Just like not all of your people are the same."

She slowly nodded. "I suppose." She then took my phone from me. "We'll have to watch some of these movies, I want to know how they portray us."

I chuckled. "They're pretty accurate."

She looked at the covers, she was going through many movies. It seemed that the more she saw, the happier she got. "Wow..."

I smiled as I laid my head back onto her chest while I watched her go through them. "Hey," She said as she clicked on one cover. "This one had blood-red eyes too," She then looked at me. "Is he bloodthirsty too?"

"Maybe," I then looked at the cover. "It could be something else."

"How can it be something else?"

I chuckled as I noticed Catherine didn't fully understand the concept of movies and stories. "Haewa," I said, putting my phone down so she'd look at me. "Humans can add elements of fiction to the story to make it more interesting. It doesn't matter if it's not real, as long as it's labeled as fiction."

She once again seemed weirded out. "Humans are such a weird species."

I smiled as I sighed. "Yeah," I then nuzzled closer to her as she went back to check out the covers. "We are."

______________________________

Happy New Year & best wishes! 🎊🎇

- LxT4ever