Chapter 3 Marinette the Bluenette?

Marinette Dupain-Cheng arrives to her first day at Paris Community College.  She feels so nervous as it is her first day in both a new place and at a new school.  She can not believe that she is finally here!  It has been her dream to come to France!  It is like everything is great for her! Little does she know what troubles await her now!

      Marinette runs to class!  She might as well as she is late. She trips and falls. Her books scatter everywhere!  She thinks, great I barely get here and now I drop everything!  So much, for a good first impression.  She struggles to stand up.

     Adrien sees the new girl fall.  He does not laugh though as no one else is around to hear it.  He looks to see if she is alright.  He has no ideas why he wants to know.  It is not like he owes her anything.  Why he does even know her yet!  He could care less what happens to this chick.

     He sees her attempt to stand up only to loose her balance and fall over her loose shoe laces all over again. He smirks.  He chuckles under his breath as he reaches down and helps her up.  Once he sees her turn to face him he gasps.  He feels his cheeks burn.  He can not understand this.  How could she have such an effect on him?   He does not like her, right?

    "Oh, thanks, I am Marinette Dupain-Cheng!"  Marinette introduces herself.

  "Whatever, I am Adrien Agreste!"  He says.

    "Where are my text books?"  Marinette ask.

    "Do not know, do not care."  Adrien remarks.

     "Well, you do not have to be so rude!"  Marinette states.

    "Hmmpfth, I could care less what you think!"  Adrien says.

     "Yeah, well I can not stand you either!"  Marinette responds.

         Marinette finds her things, gathers them up, and walks into class. She has no bag because her mother could not afford one, and her father drinks to much to notice this.  She arrives tardy, but slides into an empty desk near the front.  She sees the blonde boy she had the run in with earlier and she ignores him when he tries to talk to her.

      Adrien finds his seat. He can not believe it!  That  young gal, he saw only moments before is actually in his class. He tries to speak with her, but she ignores him.  He thinks, fine, be that way!  Two can play at this game, Marinette Dupain-Cheng!

      The teacher  stands up and says, "Hey, new girl do please come and tell us about yourself!"

        Marinette stands up. She comes to the front of the room.   Marinette says, "Hi, I am Marinette Dupain-Cheng, I am in my early twenties, I am new here, because I took online classes for college last semester.  I just got here a few weeks ago from America.  It is a dream to study abroad here!  I hope I can make many friends here!   I have already met one of the others students here, an Adrien Agreste!  I must say he is one of the most crude, and horrid people I have ever met!   Somehow, I think he and I will never get alone!  Which is by the way, just peachy with me!"  She finishes, and sits back down at her desk.  She pays no attention when Adrien stands up,and runs out of the class.  She does not see the single tear fall down his cheek.

     Adrien runs. He does not stop until he finds himself inside the boys locker room. He is furious!  How dare she judge him like this!  This new girl who knows very little about him!  How could she be so mean?  How could she just insult him? Why no one else has ever done this?  No one else ever stands up to him like she does!  Ugh!  He  looks in the mirror and sees his eyes water!

      What?  What is this?  How could this happen? He is not one to cry?  Why should Adrien care what this girl thinks about him anyway?   It is not like he wants to be her friend anyway, right?  So when then did he run?  Why is he in with tears down his face?   He can not seem to stop them.  He can not seem to quit try as he might.  He can not seem to leave the room. He sits down on the floor near the lockers with his head down in shame.  He thinks, what is this emotion?  Could it be sadness?  How?  How is that even possible?   He has not been sad in years!