Chapter 10 Midnight Madness?

Previously in Chapter 9, "Marinette, please do not kiss me." Adrien states.

            "I am sorry. " Marinette says. She looks away from him. She can not bare to see him upset with her. She blew it. She must have gone and made an end to their friendship, or whatever it is already. She puts her hands to her face and sobs into them.

          Current Chapter, "What have I done?  I never meant to make you cry."  Adrien says.  He hugs her.  He whispers, "Please,  tell me where I went wrong."  He gets no answers.  He can not stand the silence.  He gently kisses the knuckles to her hands.  

          Marinette moves her hands off her face. She looks at him with a sad look on her face. She can not seem to find the words to speak.  She thinks, Adrien I do not understand why you do not want me to kiss you?   I only meant it as a gesture of thanks for your helping me with the creep problem.  

        "Marinette, please speak to me.  I never meant to hurt you.  Please." Adrien says.  He looks at her with uncertainty.

       "A-Adrien, I just gave the k-kiss to thank you.  Look, if you makes you feel better, I think it is best if  I find someone else to be my bodyguard.  It would ensure that you will not be angry with me anymore."  Marinette says. She sees the look he gives her.  She thinks, wait what is he doing?

       "No!" Adrien protest.

       "No, what? " Marinette says.

       "You can not get another bodyguard.  It is my job and no one else's."  Adrien says.  He pulls her closer to him.  He stares into her eyes.  He thinks, Mari, I love you!  I can not lose you to another guy.  

       "A-Adrien, wh-what are you d-doing?"  Marinette says, with shock clearly in her voice and eyes.  She is not sure what to do.  Should she push him away, or what?

       "Shh, do not speak, my pretty Marinette," Adrien says. He stares harder into her bluebell eyes and gently places his lips on top of hers.  He expects her to yell, push him away, or walk off. He does not expect her to give into it.  

        Marinette thinks, why does he kiss me?  He was the one who told me not to kiss him.  He confuses me so much.  He why he, he uh, is so kind, protective of me, and handsome.  She blushes as she returns the kiss.  She thinks I think I am in trouble.  

       Adrien sighs as Marinette kisses him.  She kisses better than anyone else he gave kisses to in the past.  He regrets the other girls.  He longs to make Marinette know he loves her, but how?  How will he do it?  He feels her tongue reach his own.  He thinks, where is this going? He tries to pull away but finds himself taken in by her beauty.  He lets his tongue touch hers.  He feels her foot touch him and plays footsie with her.

     Adrien ends the kiss. He mutters, "M-Marinette, I-I..." 

       Marinette smiles.  She finds it funny he appears to be at a loss for words.  She finds it to be the strangest thing ever and the cutest too.  She sighs and thinks, no wonder I fell in love with you.  She grins big.  

      "A-Adrien, why did you k-kiss me?  I thought you did not want a kiss."  She says.

      "M-Mari, do not look at me like th-this."  Adrien states.

          "Oh, you mean like this?"  Marinette says.  She smirks as she leans in closer to tease him. She kisses him again.       

       Adrien looks at her in wonder.  He thinks, what is she doing?  He lets her kiss him.    

          "Marinette it is late, and we better get some rest," Adrien says.

         "How about I sleep in here," Marinette remarks.

           "Marinette, it is midnight and besides as nice as it sounds I can not sleep with you.  Now, go back to your room,"  Adrien tells her.

           Marinette smiles at him, hugs him, kisses him on the cheek and leaves the room.  Adrien closes the door, locks it, and thinks, Marinette what are you doing to me?