Chapter 12 Adrien Under Arrest?

Little do they know that Nathaniel Kurtzberg did not just pass out the day Adrien hit him and threw him. The guy died. In fact, his neck was broken and he was no longer alive the moment his body hit the lockers that day. He was found this way a few days later by a cleaning woman.

         Six months later...

          It has been six months since Emilie told them she wants some grandchildren.  Well, today, Marinette wakes up with excitement. She senses something is about to happen. She smiles, steps into the bathroom and takes a pregnancy test.  She does not tell Adrien she bought one just in case her hunch is wrong.  She waits to see the results and looks at in surprise.  The test shows two bars across it.   She jumps up and down!  She can not wait to tell him the good news!  She washes her hands, takes a photo of the test, puts on gloves throws the test away and the gloves too.  She rewashes her hands dries them off and exits the bathroom.

           Marinette wakes Adrien up with a nice gentle massage across his chest. Then, she kisses him! "Good morning, darling!"  Marinette says.

           "Good morning dear!"  Adrien says.

               Adrien puts his clothes on for the day and watches his wife put her clothes on too. He thinks, wow, my wife sure is one hot babe!  She is kind and funny too.  No wonder I love her!  He smiles and thinks, she is the best!

           Marinette smiles as she finishes getting ready for the day. She sees her sexy man stare at her.  She is glad they have a place of their very own now.  This way they no longer have to lock doors to the bedroom so no one walks in on them.  She smiles even more than usual.

          "Marinette, what is with you?  You seem happier than usual, my dear. What is it?"  Adrien asks.

         "I am pregnant!"  Marinette says.  She shows him a photo of the test.

      "Whoa, I gonna be a father!  Why it is the best news you could ever give me sweetheart!  Thank you!"  Adrien says.

         "Thanks and Congrats to the father of our child!"  Marinette says.

           The two look at the schedule for today.  They discover it is Saturday, there are no doctors appointments today, and it is Adrien's day off from work. They seem to have a  free day. The couple begins to kiss and prepares to make love.  The doorbell rings and they ignore it.  The salesperson walks off with annoyance since no one answers the door for them.

      They make love and enjoy it.  Once done, Adrien goes to take a shower, and Marinette joins him. They kiss, massage and wash each other, and Marinette pulls him closer, she mutters, "Adrien, I love you!"   
         "I love you, too!"  Adrien says.  He kisses his wife once more.

        They step out of the shower, dry off and get a fresh set of clothes on now.  The doorbell rings over and over.  Marinette looks out the peephole and sees two police officers. She opens the door.  

          "Why hello, officers!"  Marinette says.

            "what can we do to assist you?"  Adrien asks.

          "Oh, that depends.  Are you Adrien Agreste?"  One of the police officers ask. 

           "Yes, but what does that have to do with anything?"  Adrien says.

          "I have a warrant here for you, sir."  The other officer says as he slaps the handcuffs on Adrien.   
            Marinette stands there in shock. She can not believe this.  She does not understand why they would just arrest her husband like this.

            "What?  What is the charge?"  Adrien says.  

            "Well, you see a few months ago the cleaning woman was busy at the Paris Community College.  She came across a body near the student lockers and it was Nathaniel Kurtzberg.  He appears to have been murdered by you!  That is right, Adrien Agreste you are in trouble for the murder of this student."   The officer says.

              "what?  It was an accident." Adrien says.

               "He is right, he only did that to protect me."  Marinette says.

                "Oh, and why are you so quick to object Madame?"  Both officers say.

                 "He is my husband, and father of my child.  Besides, I know it was self defense because Nathaniel Kurtzberg had me against the lockers.  He tried to rape me and Adrien here, pulled him away from me.  He only threw him to teach him a lesson, honest.  He never meant to kill him."  Marinette says.  She sobs hard.

                "I am sorry, Mrs. Agreste, but he is still under arrest."  The officer says.  He takes Adrien away and Marinette just stands their hopeless and all alone.  She is not sure what she can do in this situation.  There is nothing she can think of at all.  

             Two months after the arrest, there is a court trial.  Evidence shown is the security footage from the locker room in the college at the time of the said murder.   It shows exactly what Marinette says.  It also shows the expressions of horror and shock on both Adrien and Marinette's  faces as the victim, Nathaniel collapses in a heap near the lockers with a huge gash on his head and blood ozzes out.   

             The rest of the evidence is a sample of Adrien's hair on the dead man's neck.  Then, there is plenty of other stuff that makes him look bad and guilty as ever.  However, there is the footage of the dead man as he threatens to make Marinette love him and shows how he does indeed try to rape her only moments before Adrien steps in and pulls him away from her.   

            The jury goes into a back room.  All the members nod their heads in agreement.  They come back out and give the verdict,  "We find the defendant not guilty in the terms of first degree murder.  We find him not guilty for second degree murder!"   

             The judge smiles and says,  "You heard the jury, we hereby declare all charges dropped against the defendant as the jury has clearly shown it was a simple misunderstanding and an obvious case of self defense."

              Adrien breathes a sigh of relief now that the trial is over, the handcuffs are gone for good and he is free to go back home with his wife.  He is glad to be a free man and back home at last!  

        to be continued in Chapter  13  Marinette Faints?