↳20

20✨

RUBY RAN towards her during lunch, eyes wide with a paper in her red manicured hands

"kimmy, kimmy! guess whaaaaaaaaaaa?!"

"whaaaaaaaaaa?"

kim giggled as ruby smothered her in a hug; ruby lets go and puts down the paper in front of kimberly.

EASTVIEW HURRICANES
SPRING DANCE
THIS SATURDAY, 6:00PM

kims eyebrows furrow."this saturday? that's two days away, how am i just now hearing about this?"

ruby rolls her eyes. "this school always holds  things at the last minute that's why," ruby lights up again "so anyway, i'm planning on volunteering to help set up so i don't have to pay $3 for a ticket. wanna do it with me?"

kim cringes, handing ruby back the paper. "uh ruby, i'm not into the whole dance thing. i'm kinda not into big events."

i lied.

ruby barely blinked an eye at kim's excuse; ruby's light brown eyes slim in suspicion.

"bullshit. the block party might've been weeks ago, but don't think i don't remember you twerking up against strangers and shit. what's the real reason?"

the only person i'd want to go with is someone i can't even touch. i'm also really tired.

"i don't feel like it." it wasn't a lie.

ruby sighs deep. "fine. i bet you'll change your mind though, it's gonna be fun." ruby gave her one last hug before leaving kim in her own judgement

"dance, huh?" kim flinched. she turned to leo with her hand on her heart that beat out erratically against her ribcage, he really had to stop doing that.

"are you tryna kill me?"

"nope, just here to maim you emotionally"

leo tried to remain stoic but ended up cracking a smile with his flawless teeth. he was so perfect: why did he have so much faith in her again? kim doesn't think she'll ever know.

kim rolls her eyes and stares back down at the paper in front of them, "uh yeah, the school is having a dance....and i'm not going."

"why not?" leo's smile faded while he searched for any hint of uncertainty or hesitance in kim's eye but there was none. she seemed sure.
"i don't really feel like going,"