↳21

21✨

ACCURATE TO popular belief, one should never (or at least hesitate to) spring something onto black people—nine out of ten times they'll only react in two ways:

freaking the fuck out or running the fuck out. or both—but running definitely comes first if that's the case.

and in leo's current situation, kim was freaking the fuck out. and quite honestly, so was he. 

"what do you mean leo? w-what are you even saying?"

"i have to be the one to kill my murderer and i was gonna wait for it but riley asked you out and i got angry, so i tried to kill him sooner? but i fucked up and forgot that i had to kill him here, and now he can see me?"

"that, exactly that! what the fuck are you saying?" kim tried running a hand through her curls, she was so confused now. "i don't understand, why do you have to kill him? you told me there'd be no killing"

"noooo, i told you that you didn't have to kill anyone." leo lets out a breath, "i, on the other hand, am a different story."

leo rubs his temples to calm down because he never meant for it to get this bad.

seeing him stressed, her hands were itching to....hug him. she wanted to tell him that everything was going to be okay and that she wanted this to be over too.

"leo—"
"kim, come here!" her mom's voice rang in both their ears.

"shit. i'll be back."

kim came out her room and walked straight into her mothers, which was right across from hers but stopped in step when she noticed her mother admiring something on her bed.

"yes?" kim's eyebrow shot up.
"come here. i want you to see this."

kim strode over to her mother to find a lengthy, simple, satin golden gown that almost touch the floor as it laid there perfectly—kim stared at it longingly before she looked at her mother. "is this for me?" her mother smiled with a nod.

"for your spring dance kim, what else? i was going to get you something cuter and more spring-vibey but i saw this and decided you should stand out. it's nice, right?"
"its....i want to try it on, can i?"
"go 'head," her mother went towards her bedroom door, looking back at kim for a second. "i'll be downstairs. show me when you're done, your mama wants to be surprised!" and with that, her mother left.

kim quickly switched out her clothes for the piece of fabricated beauty / she never felt so important until she saw herself in it.

and leo never saw a more beautiful sight.

she was everything.

kim turned around to face him; thrilled that he was there to see. "its nice right?"

"are you asking for my honest opinion?" kim nods immediately at the question

leo made his way to kimberly, who stood tall in front of the full body mirror. he came up behind her and leaned in as close as he could so she could hear him.

"the dress is nice i suppose...but you are brilliant," kim shuts her eyes in content as she listens to his voice

"you don't need my opinion about this kim, you'll still be brilliant in whatever you put yourself in, you're perfect to me....always."

the both of them let out shaky breaths before leo spoke again, "kim i'm gonna promise you something..."

"hm?" kim hums, turning around to face him

"at your dance i'm gonna dance with you, i'mma cherish you and be by your side the whole night as long as that's okay, 'cause i'm fuckin' tired of this not touching you bullshit."

kim cheekily smiles at his promise, looking at him in earnest as he did the same.
"i'll hold you to it,"

"kim, i wanna see the dress!" 

leo smiles down at kimberly sweetly; his smile made her feel like melted chocolate.

"you better go before your mom goes batshit,"

kim giggles and he feels like he could kiss her right there but he steps back and lets her slip away.

oh lord, how he never wanted her to leave him.