↳ 24

24✨

NEITHER OF them remembered how they got there, and neither of them cared

NEITHER OF them remembered how they got there, and neither of them cared. kim vaguely remembers reentering the gym to tell ruby she was leaving before doing just that. what she does remember is rushing out to be in his arms again. she would only have him for the next three days—and she was set on making them memorable.

so much for going slow, leo thought to himself

his sweet lips and tongue move in tandem with hers as their hands delicately wander the body of the other

every hill, every curve, every imperfection

she lets out her first moan when he squeezes her ass possessively; eliciting her second one moments later when she felt him harden in his pants against her. he kisses her softer in attempt to calm them down but she doesn't let the intensity fade away so quickly. she fists his hair and bites down on his bottom lip all while bucking her hips forward to meet his. leo removes his lips off hers to hiss and groan in appreciation, sensitive and receptive to her movement

"you're really starting to drive me crazy, woman"

kim shudders at the warning but ignores it all the same.

"h-hey you two, this is a children's playground, have some decency!"

leo and kim freeze, someone was shining a flashlight directly at them. kim looks to leo, he had one eye shut due to all the light exhibited toward him, he looked pissed yet so sexy at the same time. kim bites down on her bottom lip as if that would control her hormones.

"alright jackass, why don't you move the light away so we can get back home with proper vision?" leo retorts. kim sniggers from below him.

seconds later, the light is moved away from them, "you two have 20 seconds to leave," the officer warns them before walking off. leo kisses his teeth in the direction the officer's in before giving kim a hand.

he pulls her up from the slide before the two silently leave the playground hand-in-hand. without looking back, leo raises a middle finger to the officer who watched as they walked away.

as they're walking, leo lets go of her hand and puts his hand on her hip to gently pull her closer to him. she giggles at the gesture and wraps her arm around his waist, looking up at the taller boy. "this is like a dream,"

leo's still looking ahead, "'cept its not. i'm actually here," leo glances down at her from the corner of his eye before looking straight ahead again. "and i don't wanna be anywhere else." kim blushes, looking away.

"yeah i know. but i just can't believe you're actually...." it finally dawns on kim. she looks down at the concrete of the sidewalk. "...y-you got rid of him, didn't you?" leo doesn't answer automatically, but then again, he didn't really have to. it was a stupid question to ask.

"how'd you do it? i thought he could see you"

leo lets out a shaky breath. kim nods before squeezing her grip on him supportively, "nevermind. you don't have to answer, i know it's hard to talk about." she reassures him. leo lets out a breathy chuckle before smiling. "kim?"
"hm?"

he stops walking which prompted kim to do the same, he pulls away from their embrace as she looks up at him in curiosity

"i have so many things to say, and i've forgotten most of 'em," leo finally meets her eyes, "your dad—he, uh, he sent me messages sometimes from the other side when i was still a spirit. he always told me to watch over you and to always keep a close eye even when you don't think i'm there....he wanted me to tell you that he misses you and your mom, and that you're growing up to be a wonderful young lady." kim's eyes are watering at this point and she's about to break,
"last thing he told me was, 'quit being a pussy and tell my daughter that you love her.'"

kim looks at leo with wide eyes, "what?"

leo smiles as he holds onto both of kimberly's hands, "kim, i love you....i'm in love with you."

a tear finally falls down her face and he wipes it away with his thumb

kim laughs before jumping into leo's arms to kiss him again passionately. leo catches her before he wraps his arms around her, kissing her back until she pulls away. "yeah. i've been pretty fuckin' whipped since the beginning." he whispers reassuringly, searching her eyes

"well then that makes two of us," she confesses.

when the two happiest people on the planet finally reach her house an hour later, she turns to him. "go through the back door, i'll open it for you when the coast is clear." he pecks her on the lips before doing as told. kim uses her key to enter her house before locking the door behind her. and as expected, her mother was waiting for her, but she was waiting in the living room, which coincidentally was where the back door was.

luckily for kim, her mother was sitting on a chair that faced away from the door and towards her. kim smiles nervously at her distracted mother, "mom?"

noel looks up from her book before smiling back at her daughter, but its slightly tainted. "you know you were this close to coming home late right?"

kim cringed at her mom's tone but almost freaked out when she saw a shadow in the back door, she calms down when the figure moves closer as leo's face is revealed in the light.

"kimberly—are you listening to me?"

oh here we go.