↳ 29

29✨

TWO DAYS

TWO DAYS.

it wouldn't ever be enough, she stops writing and starts playing with her pencil between her index and middle finger. leo looks up from the calculator, to her and then to her calculus homework and back to her again. "why'd you stop?"

kim turns to him. "you should go see your mother and grandma," leo's eyes widen in surprise. "uhh–as much as i want to, i don't think thats a good idea."

kim frowns "why not?"

"to see 'em then leave 'em all over again?" leo shrugs. "doesn't seem fair," leo looks back at her paper and plugs in a problem on the calculator "did you see the way cici was when she saw me? jesus, my grandma'll freak out"

kim blinks at him. "it'll be ten times worse" leo nods, "yeah." leo presses the equal sign button before pointing to the homework, "the answer to part a is 47x, babe."

"i know imma act a fool when you have to go,"

he spares a glance at her as she writes the answer down, he couldn't ignore the sadness in her voice / he sighs, he puts down the calculator and pulls her into a tight embrace. she does not block him, she wraps her arms around him the second they're in contact; her pencil falls to the ground. they sit in silence and listen to the other's breathing and heartbeat, and it won't always be like this—airplanes in the sky, indeed.

"we can see them together" leo says finally

"for the next two days i don't wanna go anywhere without you, babygirl"

after completing her homework the two of them left the empty house with kim's car ~ while driving, leo presses the controls until all the windows are down, kim plays the car radio that blares out trap music when she raises the volume to the max, leo couldn't help but laugh his ass off when they would stop at red lights: kim was scream-rapping the lyrics at the people beside them

they drove to the other side of the town—it was nearing sundown when they had arrived, leo peered through a window intently.

everything in that townhouse resembled their old home, everything seemed to be in the exact place. leo smiles at the sight of his mother and grandmother cooking side by side together, their backs turned as they talked and laughed. leo smiles small, it was nice to know that they were still doing that, being happy, being uninterrupted.

"you look like a creep." 

kim's smirking as she walks towards him, she puts a hand on his shoulder. "are you gonna go inside?"

leo glances at kim before he looks back at them.

"du brauchst einen mann" his grandmother says, pointing a finger at his mother
(you need a man)

"und du brauchst ein pflegeheim!" his mother comebacks, earning a look from his grandmother and a slap on the head. leo can't help but laugh since he used to get those often.
(and you need a nursing home)

"leonardo got that slick mouth from you, irmelin...." the women share another laugh before leo turns around, he takes kim's hand and leads her to the car

"you're not going inside?"
"they cried everyday for months after i died," leo opens the car door for her

"i won't let them cry over me, not again."

as leo drove, kim leaned over to kiss him on the neck softly, which he relaxed to. he grabs her hand with his free one and entwines their fingers.

leo carries kim up the stairs of her home and lays her on the bed, going down to kiss her as they undressed each other

he wraps his arms around her torso as he moves inside her, resting his head on her chest
as the both of them sigh in appreciation.

"i love you"
"i love you too"