↳ 27

27✨

HER MOTHER stared down at her with her lips in a frown, "kimberly, wake up!"

the teenager shot up from bed and instantly looked to the left of her to find no one.
the teenager then looked down at her bedroom floor to find no clothes scattered around.
kimberly was insanely confused but decided to get rid of her mother first, she holds her bedsheet tighter to her chest

when kim looks back at her mom, her mother was observing her like a suspect upon asking, "you sleep butt naked like your father now?"

kim nods to avoid further questions, "just sometimes" noel rolled her eyes "daddy's girl." her mother starts heading out the room "you best get up: it's sunday!" kim groans.

"also," her mom's head pops back in the doorway, "i have to run to work since it's an emergency...and thanks for making me eggs and coffee" her mother's head disappears and her dictating footsteps are heard as she goes down the stairs, "you actually didn't burn 'em this time!"

kim is again, insanely confused, but choses to ignore it. she takes a shower and dons on her floral robe and headscarf before going downstairs to kiss her mother goodbye

"by the way, how'd you sleep last night ma?" kim bit her lip nervously and hoped for a good answer, and to her surprise, she actually got one

"like a baby. rochelle from work told me to try this music app for sleep and it actually worked, it was blasting in my headphones but it got me to sleep faster than an ass whooping."

kim lets out a long breath of relief before nodding. "okay well, have fun at work!"
noel rolls her eyes. "get to church on time"
kim nods, "i will. bye."
"mhm, bye!"

when kimberly shuts and locks the front door, the pantry door instantly opens, revealing leo
"well that was close—"

kim runs into his arms to give him kisses all over his face & leo laughs before picking her up and wrapping her legs around the waist of his boxers; both of them trapped in hopeless bliss 

leo situates kim on the kitchen counter and they feed each other the coffee & eggs leo apparently made for them

"why were you in the closet?" leo takes a sip of coffee before leaning his chin on kimberly's chest, looking up into her eyes before scooting her closer towards him, "hiding from your mom since i just can't disappear anymore. she came down and started eating this stuff before dancing," both him and kim chuckle, "my cooking's just that good"

"hey i'm a good cook!"
"mrs. yates just said that you burn eggs,"

"that was years ago, okay? you know how mothers are, they love to remember that one mistake you made half a decade ago and pin it against you like you did it yesterday."

leo laughs while shaking his head, "accurate."

kim puts down the fork and starts to play and style with leo's hair, "we should get ready for church now..."

leo leaves a trail of sleepy kisses on her neck before helping her off the counter. "'kay, but i don't got clothes,"

kim thinks on it for a second before getting an idea, she smiled softly at the thought, "follow me, c'mon." she grabs his hand before leading him upstairs

leo resembled him in the pictures of when her father was a young man; tall, perfect posture, majestically toned arms with pretty bright eyes and a woman-trapping smile / she couldn't help but tear up so leo comforts her with a bear-like embrace while planting sloppy kisses on her lips. kim decided to wear one of her mother's old dresses that went exactly with her father's dress shirt and slacks that leo was clothed in: leo pointed at a picture in the livingroom when they were ready and downstairs "is this it?"

kim finished readjusting her headscarf before walking over to him to see, "yes" she answers, they both smile.

kim and leo left the house hand-in-hand, in love and happy and looking almost identical to the picture mentioned before: a black and white photograph of her mother and her father donned in the exact same churchwear, her parents held each other in a loose embrace while looking at each other like they were the last people on earth

ruby's jaw drops when she sees kim enter the church with leo during intermission; kim leads them straight to her. "sorry we're late, what did we miss—?"

"uh-uh kimberly, you don't get to walk up in here looking like an african queen with a fine ass male on your shoulder without introducing him to me!" ruby catches eyes with leo who smiles before looking back at kim, "who's this?"

kim blushes before glancing over at leo who shakes hands with ruby, "i'm leo, kim's boyfriend." kim blushes harder at that.

"this is him kim?" kim looks up at leo with a big smile before turning to ruby,

"yeah, i'm with this idiot."

ruby claps her hands loudly while squealing. "aww, y'all look so cute!"

riley suddenly appears out of nowhere behind ruby, kim's grip on leo's hand slightly tightens, kim frowns as her and ruby look back and forth between the two young men who stare at each other for a while, both tense and silent

riley steps up in front of leo before holding his hand out,

"wassup man?"

leo lets go of kim's hand before he and riley dap each other up, giving each other supportive pats on the back

kim and ruby smile,

today was a good day.