CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

The walk to Peaches' house is cool and calm. It's surprisingly, really soothing and as twisted as it may sound, the darkness in itself, brings with it some sort of serenity.

A street light flickers slightly in the distance as I cast my gaze to the above. The sky is clear of any stars, indicating that there is a very hot day ahead, according to my mothers illogical superstitions.

I push my hands into the pockets of my dark jeans as i walk into Peaches' block. From where i currently am, i am able to spot the bright pink flamingo ornament standing oddly in the middle of her lawn.

When i finally reach the front of her house, i stop to inspect the simple building. Everything is exactly the way it was since i had last saw it, except for the lawn, which now sports freshly trimmed grass.

I quietly make my way to the all too familiar gutter that i have now become quite accustomed to and, after a crack of my knuckles, begin to climb.

Once i reach Peaches' window, i hoist myself up and through the window into her room. Come to think of it, why the hell doesn't she have any burglar gaurds? I mean, i know this is a good neighbourhood and all, but it never hurts to be a little careful, especially in this day and age.

"Henry?"

I look up just in time to see Peaches sit up in her bed. She tiredly squints her eyes in an attempt to see me through the darkness.

"Yeah, its me." I whisper as i walk towards the bed. She lifts up her blanket in an inviting manner and i pull off my shoes and jump into the warm covers. After making myself comfortable, i turn to face her.

She props her head onto her hand, her ponytail hanging loosely aroung her neck.

"What's the matter?" She asks with a yawn.

I shrug my shoulders. "Nothing, i just couldn't sleep."

She smiles in understanding. What she understands, i honestly have no idea, but anyway...

"Thanks for spending lunch with my friends and i. It was fun." She says, still smiling.

I lay back and push my hands underneath my head. "You don't have to thank me. They're pretty cool, actually."

Peaches laughs lightly and i look up at her in confusion. "What?"

She giggles louder now. God, her giggle is such a fucking turn on. "You don't have to whisper, silly." She grins widely. I was whispering? Fuck my life.

"Why aren't you asleep?" I ask her in hopes of distracting her from my embarrassing moment.

Her cheecks flush a bright pink. "Well, i was hoping that you would show..." She says slowly.

I laugh loudly. "Look who's the one whispering now." She rolls her eyes playfully. And pushes my arm slightly and we fall into a comfortable silence.

"Hey Peaches?" My voice cuts through our moment of silence.

"Mhmm?" She hums. She lays down on her side, her back towards me.

"Who was your first kiss?" Her back suddenly stiffens. Okay? What the hell is that about. She sits up and rests her back onto the headrest.

"Why are you asking...?" Her voice is slightly guarded. I'm so confused right now. I didn't ask anything wrong now, did i?

"I was just wondering... You know because of that time i asked you if i was your first kiss and you said no so..." Peaches exahles shakily.

"Are you okay?" I place a hand on her arm as i sit up.

She closes her eyes briefly. "Yeah. I'm sorry, it's just not something i really like to talk about..."

"Oh."

I shut my mouth because i don't know what the fuck to even think. What is it about my question that made her so hostile?

If i thought i was adamant about unraveling the mystery behind Peaches Valentine before, well then i sure am hell bent on solving it now.

"What time is it?" Peaches asks suddenly.

I look towards her night stand. "A few minutes past three."

She nods slightly then flashes me a forced smile. "Well it's late, you should get going..."

What the fuck? So she plans on dodging this topic by kicking me out? Fuck sakes, what the hell is it about that kiss has her so riled up...?

"Uh, yeah. I'll see you at school..." I say, sighing in defeat.

She watches me silently as i get up out of her bed and pull on my shoes. I run a hand through my hair and make my way to the windo.

"Bye Henry." She says softly. I turn turn to look at her.

"Bye sweetheart." And with that, i jump out of the window. My mind muddled and spiraling with unanswered questions, but there's one that keeps on popping up.

What is she hiding...?

Heyy Lovelies!

So I'm back with another chapter, after a really long time, i know. This past week has kind of been really hectic and i wasn't able to find the time to post any sooner.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter though!

What do you guys think Peaches is hiding? I'd love to hear your thoeries!

And thank you guys for 500 reads! I can't even begin to explain how grateful i am!

Don't forget to,

Vote

Comment

Follow

Until next time,

-chrissymaistry💕