CHAPTER NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN

"Delilah?" I ask in utter shock.

My little sister rolls her eyes. "No, I'm the grinch and I've come to steal christmas. Roar." She deadpans.

"But it's not yet christmas..." I say with a fake confused look.

"That's my point!" She hits her forehead and lets out a frustrated groan.

I shake my head. "What the hell are you doing in my room anyway?"

"I wanted water so I was going to the kitchen to get some, but then I saw your bedroom door open." She gives me a pointed look. "Which was not really smart by the way."

"Get to the bloody point." I urge her in irritation. Delilah lets out an overdramatic sigh.

"Anyways, so then I thought, why don't I pay my awesome older brother a visit to have some one on one bonding time and walked in. So I'm sure you can imagine my shock when he wasn't even there." She finishes of with a mocking look of shock.

I roll my eyes at the little devils sarcasm. "So what? You just staked out here like a crazy ass stalker and waited until I showed up?"

"Yes, that's precisely what I did." She grins widely at me.

I walk up to her and flick her forehead. "Stop using words that you can't even spell."

"Precisely. P. R. E. C. I. S. E. L. Y." She smirks in triumph.

I roll my eyes playfully and take a seat next to her on my bed. "Smart ass."

She shrugs her shoulders. "I learnt from the best."

I push her to the edge of the bed and get under my warm duvet covers, closing my eyes tiredly.

"I miss him." Deliah says suddenly, her voice barely audible.

I open my eye's in confusion. "You miss who now?"

"Daddy."

"Delilah..." I whisper softly and get up to look at her.

She sniffles slightly. "I miss how we all used to be..." She whispers as her eyes begin to water.

"Come here, Lilah." I pull her next to me and under the blanket, into the comfort of my embrace.

I was so caught up in my hatred for Felix and my mothers heartbreak, that I failed to realise that Felix leaving has not only impacted my life, but Delilah's as well, and I was so selfish that I didn't even realise it until she was breaking down in my damn arms. She's only ten, goddammit.

Why am I so stupid?

....

"I don't really hate you, you know." She tells me after a while.

I glance down at her. "Then why are you always acting like a bi-"

"No swearing!" She points out cheeckily.