CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

I leave Adrians place at around five in the afternoon. I would've normally left later but the tension in his house at the current moment could be cut with a damn butter knife.

I park Adrians rover in my drive way and jump out. I walk up to my porch and open up the front door to my house.

"Henry's home!" I hear Delilah shout to my mother from the lounge. I walk up to the couch and grab the remote control out of her hands.

"Hey give me that!" She shouts as i change the cartoon she was watching to the MacGyver reruns instead.

I plop my self down onto the couch adjacent to her. "Never."

Delilah groans and pulls at her pig tails in irritation whilst I turn my attention from her to the television.

Suddenly the remote is snatched from my palms and i look up to see Delilah jump back onto the couch giggling.

I grin mischievously as i run up to her couch and jump on top of her. I don't put my whole body weight on her because as much as i might dislike my little sister, i dont want to kill her.

"Get off of me you dimwit!" She screams over my laughs. She trashes her legs beneath me as i ruffle her hair, undoing one of her pig tails in the process.

I roll my eyes playfully. "Make me."

"Henry!" She whines and tries to pull my hair.

"Dinners almost re-" My mother walks into the lounge but stops at the sight of us.

"I'm not going to even ask." She shakes her heads as she swings a dish towel over her shoulder and walks out.

"Traitor!" Delilah yells to her and I chuckle getting off of her. I run a hand through my messy hair and walk into the kitchen.

"What happened between Adrian and that Noah kid today?" My mother questions as I take a seat at the island.

I scrunch up my eyebrows. "How do you even know about that?"

She pulls a tray of fried chicken peices out of the oven and places it on the counter. "Layla called me a while ago."

"Oh."

"So are you going to tell me?" She asks me as she begins to place the chicken into a caserole dish along with pieces of baked patato and other veggies. My mother is unfortunately very nosey, so i might as well just spill.

I steal a peice of chicken and shrug. "Its nothing really. Noah was blowing up on this girl Carlotta and Adrian didn't like it."

She rests both of her hands on the island and raises a brow with a smirk. "A girl?"

I groan and slump my shoulders. "Stop being so nosey mother!" I whine childishly.

"I'm not doing anything!" My mother defends with a bark of laughter.

I roll my eyes. "Sure."

I assume she's dropped the topic when she walks away from the island to tend the the mushroom sauce which is sizzling on the stove.

"Is she atleast pretty though...?" She asks after a while.

"Mother..." I groan.

"You can't blame me. My boys are growing up and finding themselves girlfriends." She pouts getting a little teary eyed.

Women.

"You're crazy mum and I don't have a girlfriend." I defend. It's true. I've kissed Peaches, but we aren't technically dating...

"Soon son, soon." She pinches my cheeck affectionately and i roll my eyes, placing a kiss on hers.

"Whatever." I mumble and take a bite of my chicken as she calls for Delilah.

"And you better not bring home one of the skanks, you heard me?"

She wags her index finger in my face cheekily. "Don't think i don't hear what happens in your room."

I spit out the chicken that i was chewing with wide eyes. "Mum!"

◻◻◻

After dinner, I retreat to my room for the night. It was now freezing cold for some reason unknown to me and mum and Delilah spent the entire time during dinner discussing that damn romance movie.

To say i was irritated would be a freaking extreme understatement. Believe me, if i hear one more thing about Emma Watson, my bloody head might just well explode.

I sigh as i open up my closet and pull out a sweatshirt and a pair of sweatpants. I quickly pull of my black leather jacket and jeans and instead replace them with the more comfortable attire. I also pull on a pair of wooly socks and my running sneakers.

Once i deem myself presentable, i check to see if mum and Delilah are asleep. When i see that the lounge and kitchen is empty and that both of their bedroom doors are shut, i then make my way to my bedroom window and carefully heave myself through it.

Once my feet hit the ground, i run a hand through my messy hair and pull down my sweatshirt which rode up a little, and walk up to Adrians rover. I jump in and turn up the heater to the max.

I turn on the ignition and pull the car out of the driveway. Before you ask, yes i do obviously have my licence. I'm eighteen years old, after all. I just don't happen to have a car yet.

Come to think of it, I really should ask mum to give me her Toyota Corolla which has been parked off and unused In our garage since the divorce. I almost forgot that old thing even existed considering the fact that she doesn't ever use it, even for work. She just catches a ride with one of her co-workers instead.

Or better yet, I should just make mum demand for the child support that Felix should have been paying monthly. God knows how much we need it but my mother, been the ever soft hearted person that she is, didn't have it in her to take it up to the authorities after her stopped paying after the first month.

Yeah, the latter really wouldn't be such a bad idea...

I pull up into Peaches' block and as much as i try to, i can't hold back the smile that creeps its way onto my face when i spot the bright pink flamingo in the middle of her lawn.

Flip my life, Adrian is right. I'm bloody damned whipped.