4- 5 months before

It all started 5 months ago, when we landed on Earth, the sun was shinning, the sky was a singular blue colour, the grass bright green. It was perfect. Everyone loved to hear each other laugh and smile, i was indeed the happiest that day, i was home.

Present tense

My sneakers bounced with each step, I made my way down the metal steps, each step bringing me closer towards home. I started running, my pace fastening towards the bottom, I didn't have time to think, I want to be on land. I reached the bottom, the damp grass making a squishy noise, my knees dropped. I stayed there like that for a few hours, stayed on my hands and knees, tears escaping my blue eyes. I was home.

As minutes went on, I didn't realise how long I was like that. I didn't realise the sky was becoming a vibrant scheme of red, blue and orange, making splashes across the sky. I looked up, the sun setting on my adventures, saying goodbye for the final time. I looked around, realisation hitting me that I was alone, everyone had left, the only thing that remained was a letter.

Dearest lance,
We waited, but we had our own adventures ahead of us, we hope to see you around, around Earth obviously we're still on the planet.

- other paladins.

I read the letter, rage engulfed me, they could of waited. But, like always, they left. Leaving me to find my own kind, my own way around. It struck me that the first thing that should be done was to see my family. I tried to stand, my legs buckling under the new added pressure, I feel, the earth around me falling to the side with me. The only thing that never failed me in this world was gravity.

Lance~
And that, my mind never fails to leave either, it's always a constant cycle of torment, not allowing me to breath under the pressure.