Trust

"Reina speak to us." Michael says calmly.

Reina is just now staring at Xinyi with piercing eyes, like she's a mountain lion stalking her prey. She's never seen Reina like this. Michael reaches out his hand slowly to Reina's head. Reina still is staring at Xinyi, growling louder as Michael's hand gets closer.
Before Michael can even touch her, she pounces onto Xinyi, but Reina isn't hurting Xinyi, she just pounced onto her, becoming a panther at the same time.

"What the hell?" Xinyi whispers.

"Do not move Xinyi, she'll end up killing you." Michael says.

Xinyi just freezes, stopping her muscles in every way she can. Fears is jolting through her mind, and can't keep focus. How does it go from daggers(or knives) to becoming a panther? Whatever it is, Reina is a big fan of cats and weapons, for example, swords. Anything you can throw or swing. Xinyi just bolts out under Reina, running as fast as she can, but she can't outrun something that's 3x her speed.

With just enough time, Xinyi darts to the side, leaving Reina to try and stop in her tracks, going as fast as she can. But before Xinyi can even catch her breath, Reina's claws scratch the side of her face, leaving three gory cuts in her left cheek. With aching pain, and blood dripping down onto her night gown, she keeps on running, despite something might happen to her.

Reina soon then catches up, tearing through her chest as Xinyi tries to catch her breath. Xinyi lets out a blood curling scream, alarming Michael and Apricot, but before Apricot and Michael can even reach the hallway, her air circulation stops.

Xinyi jolts up screaming. Whatever it was, she doesn't want to go back to Reina's room until she goes to Zelda's with Michael. Without hesitation, she sprints to Michael's room, she alerts the blue eyes following her; Less.

"Guess I'll have to trust Metro's plan now." They say grimly.

What's his plan? You'll figure it out. Xinyi goes through the same thing she did the first time with Michael, and then they go silently to Zelda's room.

"Zelda..?" Michael asks, knocking on her closed door.

Without hesitation, Zelda is beaming with delight as she opens the door. She smiles, signaling to come in. Michael looks at Xinyi in a way, like saying to trust her. She nods, walking into Zelda's room with Michael.

Faster than a blink, the room changes into a deep forest, large branches scatter almost everywhere you look. Zelda is walking with a staff, like she's being a sorceress or something. Seeing a beautiful mountain lion and panther, she stares in awe. The panther has void black fur, the most gazing gold eyes, and the mountain lion has light brown fur, with brown eyes along with it.

Now realizing that Michael is completely different, a cloak like Zelda's, and she too has one. But a thought just snapped into her head.

"Is this that book she read?" She whispers.

"Serafina, was it?" Michael asks Zelda.

Zelda nods, and puts two fingers up; Michael says that she's telling them it's the second book. Why are they here though, Xinyi wonders. In this book? She tries to find an answer, but then they just go back to walking in Zelda's room.

"See, Xinyi, don't freak out. Just listen to me and trust what I say." Michael says.

Xinyi nods, smiling for her confidence and hope of getting out. She at least has a step one. Zelda is flipping through her spell book, looking worryingly for something.

"Aha!" She exclaims, pointing down to a name.

Michael and Xinyi both look at what she's pointing at. Xinyi gasps.

The spell is called Green and Blue. Just like the eyes that stare at her, mainly the blue ones.

"They're getting there." A sentence appears under the spell and it's directions, then later sign M & L.

"We're not safe anymore." Xinyi whispers.

"What was that Xinyi?" Zelda asks, still reading the directions, slowly.

"Oh nothing." She says.

POV/Less and Metro.

"Si—Metro, are you sure this can warn them enough?"

"Yes, I'm damn sure. She's not leaving like the others."

"I'm not confident enough Metro."

"Well if I am, then you are too. Understand?"

"I— I understand. I will follow your lead until I feel uncomfortable. Do— Do you have a deal with me Metro?"

A long pause is between the two, as they are in Xinyi's room, making a voodoo doll for her, even though it will disappear the next night. Metro snatches the doll and throws it across the room, lending his hand.

"We have a deal."

"What are you going to for the deal if, if I break it?"

Metro stares at Less. "How are you going to break it? It's a deal, not a promise or bet."

"Well, if I don't follow what I said, I break it, right?"

"Well. If I make you feel uncomfortable, then,"

"Then what?"

"Then I'll force you out of this damn place and you can be in another dream I'll find you in. You're lucky I'm good at doing my job."

Less giggles a little. Metro raises and eyebrow in anger.

"I only joined you because first, I had no one to follow, second, I'm not somebody's rag doll, and third, since when did you succeed doing this time of stuff?"

Metro stares at Less in anger, then he grabs their wrist and whispers in their ear.

"We'll see about that," He let's go and lends out his hand again. "do we have a deal?"

Less puts it's hand in his and have a tight handshake.(tight grip)

Less gulps. "We have a deal."

"Good." He gets up to grab the doll, and glues navy buttons on the face of it for eyes. "I hope you aren't too exhausted in pain and in a tired some way, Xinyi. Because you're gonna feel a whole lot worse than now."

Metro yells at Less to bring knifes from the kitchen. Less nods slowly, but they're okay with pain. They don't want to be the only rag doll here.

POV/ Xinyi, Michael and Zelda.

Okay so it's ending here but I'm changing point of view so you're not confused for the next chapter(?) I'll make a chapter after the next one specifically focused on Metro and Less.

Plus, does anyone know what to use for a genderless being instead of 'they' and 'it'? If you do, please comment because I'm super confused and too lazy to actually look it up.
:,)

Thank you for your time and thank you for reading this instead of skipping it(when the next chapter is released. And actually reading the story up to this point, that too.)

                                                         ~petal-chan