Whirlwind of Wonders

"Open the door. I know you locked it."

Xinyi sighs. It's just Zelda. She unlocks the door and sees Zelda there with a straight face. With a whole new outfit, or just her casual sailor-like nightgown, topped off with a hat on her head.

"How did you know I was in there?" She asks.

Zelda stares. "It supposed to be hidden, right? Plus, a trophy was moved."

Zelda grabs Xinyi's wrist and walk along the hallway. Xinyi still has the baseball bat from earlier, but she won't let go of it. Things are running through her mind, but mainly mobile apps. Skullgirls, Gacha, Crowd City, and anything she enjoys. Mainly fighting apps. She tried thinking of what characters would do. Offense and Defense. But she's gone brain dead. All she knows is her family and what's going on, and getting to her goal.

"Xinyi, let go of the bat, you're going to be fine."

Xinyi hesitates, but she lets go anyways. Zelda starts running as fast as Reina. Zelda loves dragons, and Xinyi knows what it feels like to ride a dragon, in her other dreams. It feels relaxing and fast, like how Zelda is running now.

"Xinyi don't fall asleep in your own dream." Reina whispers.

Reina?! The flash of her red hair passes by her. She turns around, motioning to her eyes. Xinyi opens her eyes. She was about to fall asleep. She feels numb, like needles were stabbed all over her.

"Wanna hear a joke Xinyi?" Zelda asks.

Xinyi looks around her. She's in the so called nurse room in her house. The numbness she was feeling was from needles. Zelda is in a whole new outfit, like she came from taming a bear.

Before Xinyi can reply, another needle is stabbed into her back. A rush of thoughts pour through her. Whispers fill her head.

Is Reina betraying me?

    Is Zelda working for Metro?

Do I have to start over?

Is Michael lying to me or no?

                     Can I save me and us all?

Xinyi finds herself waking in her bedroom, curled up with tears rolling down her face. Needles are in her back. Nothing changed. She's just there. Xinyi gets up from her bed, walking back to Michael's room.

She knocks on the door, slowly. "Come in." Michael sighs.

Xinyi opens the door, finding Michael looking dull. She then realizes she let go of the baseball bat, listening to Zelda. Michael clears his throat, wanting an answer.

"Before I answer and show you where, let's try and get the family together." Xinyi says.

Michael looks at her. They were so close before, but she wasn't thinking before, but not she wants to get out as soon as she can. Michael still stays blank, staring down Xinyi.

"None of us will win. But someone will lose." Xinyi says loudly, trying to be confident she won't die again.

"Let's just get the family back together again." Michael said.

Xinyi liked that. Again is a strong word. Michael gets up from his bed and walks out of the door, and Xinyi walks along with him.

"Who should we-" Michael is cut off.

"Zelda."

Michael stays silent and smiles. He nods. Xinyi trails off of how Zelda can help in many ways. Making clothing that can be like an extra pair of arms, casting spells here and there, and many more. Michael suggests they should look around the library. She nods.

Heading to the library, they run down the stairs, alerting what can lurk around the house. Xinyi and Michael look along the endless shelves, but Xinyi picks up the book again from earlier. She flips through the pages. She gasps.

Less. ????-2019. New Farewell.

The story wrote itself

The story wrote itself. They are gone again.

It's confusing. She flips back to Metro's page. One sentence is added:

He has murdered his own partner. How shameful of him.

I guess it's not a crush at all. Xinyi doesn't know why, but if she dies again, will they come back? She has so much to wonder about, coming at her like the
rush of hurricane wind. Hearing Michael call Xinyi, she follows his echo.

"I think I found something." Michael says weakly.

Xinyi gasps. It's tiny dolls of the family, one being very hurt. She picks up Reina's, looking at bruises all on her legs. Metro is her only guess.

"I hear something." She says, looking up the stairs.

"Let's get going then." Michael says.

Xinyi and Michael head up the stairs, finding the rest of the family that's left.