Questions and Answers

"How am I going to find them at this point?" Reina asks, casting spells to fend off Lex and Amulet.

She continues to run, going places she doesn't plan to go to. Finding her own family alone is a hard plan to stick to, always having a busy mind. She looks behind her shoulder, and screams.

~~~~~

"Xinyi, did you bring anything from the library to, y'know, cast spells?"

"Nope. I have many choices, and Zelda probably wants to put them back anyways." She answers, scoffing.

Michael eyes her with suspicion, but shrugs off her opinion anyways. They continue on along the long hallways to find their family members. Zelda is their main goal to find, since Xinyi insisted that Reina can handle herself.

Xinyi and Michael talk, remembering what Zelda would do such a while ago with her spell books and DnD games. Xinyi laughs, and takes a small sigh.

Her whole family has changed in this loop of dying and awaking. Reina isn't the one complaining, having fun with her blood related sibling. She's become quiet, strolling around their house fending off threats without anyone by her side.

Michael isn't the one in charge and commanding. He's become weak in her dream, bags under his eyes, and he keeps quiet when telling Xinyi what to do, like someone's watching him.

Zelda hasn't changed much. Xinyi is just worried about the spells she actually casts and the way she smiles too much. She used to always write stories about her and her crush. She doesn't smile that much either.

Xinyi herself then realizes she has changed too. Not in a bad way, but a good way. Somehow.

"Hey Michael, how do you know you went through this?" Xinyi asks. "And why has everyone one changed.." under her breath.

Michael looks at her, looking sad and worried. "I.. cannot give you such answers.." speeding up in walking.

She stops in her tracks thinking why he cannot tell her a simple answer when he can give simple directions. Xinyi sighs, and tries to catch up with Michael.

As she gets back with Michael, more thoughts come into mind. If the note said one of us is lying, who is? Who is most suspicious in a harmful way? How can Reina and Michael know of this in a related way? How am I supposed to continue on a story that can't end?

As she continues to think, she bumps into Michael, who had stopped in his tracks. Scratching her head, she looks over, and gasps.

Less, lying lifelessly on the ground against the wall. A puddle of blood still oozing out over her body that looks like was stepped on furiously and hard.

"Let's find Zelda. She can probably show us the past in here." Michael announces.

With a confused face, Xinyi move onward with Michael.

They whisper to each other, on ways Metro could've done to Less. Throwing them down and furiously stepping on their body was the only thing they could both fully agree on.

After minutes of walking, they both hearing a singing noise.

"La lala la la— la." Someone sings.

Xinyi sighs it off. It's Zelda. Zelda is skipping down the hallway she is going in. Xinyi smiles. But she notices she's dragging something. It becomes into view, and it's Amulet's lifeless body, burnt.

Michael has his eyes widened. So does Xinyi's. Zelda had burned a time fairy. The only way to get out of this place.

"Before we run all the way to Zelda, help me get these needles off." Xinyi says, turning around.

"Gladly." He answers, taking them out forcefully one by one.

Xinyi winces in pain, but ignores the fact it hurts. After all needles were removed, Xinyi bursts out running, with no pain and using all of her energy, tackle hugs Zelda.

"There you are, Zel!" She exclaims.

Zelda let's go of Amulet's wrist, and hugs her back. "You're getting some mood back." She says quietly.

Xinyi smiles. "Can you answer my questions?"

"I can't afford any answers. It's a rule here. You can only listen from others and not ask." She adds quietly, "If Michael has gone too quiet, he's a target aside from you. This is a help. Not answer."

Xinyi lets go of Zelda, and stands there.

"Come on, I heard a scream earlier. Did you grab any books?"

Xinyi doesn't answer.

"Glad you're already learning. Let's go back to the library." Zelda whispers. "Michael! I missed you!"

Zelda runs to Michael, and exchange hugs. Xinyi on the other hand is too afraid to even ask or answer now. Who can she share with her thoughts now, she wonders. Whoever she can with.