Them, Time, and True

"Okay, so you're telling me I'll feel more pain if we active this spell or whatever?" Xinyi asks.

"Well, it gives you the ability to tell if someone is possessed, and from what Michael has given me, bright green and blues eyes are big fat no. Additionally, if you murder the person who is not possessed, you'll be slowly killed, and drip blood from random places and possibly cry it. Also, since Michael says this is okay, then you should listen to me as well. You also said Reina has tried or has killed you is this time-lapse of, what was it?"

"Well," Michael starts off.

"Please I'm tired of listening to endless paragraphs." Xinyi whines.

"Do you want to escape or not?" Zelda asks.

Xinyi looks down.

"Well, if Xinyi dies she starts where she first began. She has trusted Reina more than anyone else, and she's also trying to avoid getting a very disgusting murder. She told me that the second time she died wasn't pretty."

"Michael, he broke my bones and literally searched for my heart with his bare hand when my back was deeply clawed." Xinyi says, shivering of the thoughts gathered in her head.

"Zelda, the cauldron is at it again." Michael says.

"Oh, silly me! Michael can you come help me?" Zelda says.

"Oh, sure." He replies. "Xinyi do not leave."

"Okay." Xinyi says looking out into the deep, darkening hallway. She walks silently out of the room.

In the hallway, she can hear voices coming from her hallway. So she swiftly and quietly runs to her room. Since they are on the third floor, her room is on the second floor, so is Reina's. But she forgets of the creaky stair step that can alert anyone. Fortunately, she remembered this time, sliding down the railing for quicker movement.

"Glad I remembered." Xinyi says leaping off the railing.

Continuing to proceed to her room, she just hears a man yell: "I don't give a fuck about her life in this dream! After what she did to us!" Terrified, she runs quietly to her room to figure it out and help with the problem. She peeks through the crack in the door, and tears welled up in her eyes in fear.

"It's him," She whispers to herself.

"This is making me uncomfortable Metro!" A boy yells, she notices the other man, which looks like a girl.

"I don't care anymore Less!" Less. She'll remember their name, and Metro's. But before she can notice that she made eye contact with Less, Metro already noticed too.

"We have a voodoo doll for you, Xinyi Edwards." Metro says firmly, smiling.

She sprints off to Reina's room in fear, not wanting to look back. She just hears a loud snap, coming from her right leg, as she falls to the ground in pain. With blurry vision from her tears, she sees a faint marking on the floor. She then realizes it's not a marking, it's a few words scribbled into the ground, along with drops of blood added to it. She crawls closer, wiping her eyes, reading it, it says:

It's not you, it's them.

Confused, she crawls over to Reina's door and knocks faintly. The door proceeds to open without anyone twisting the doorknob. She crawls in, noticing how Reina is hugging her knees, looking at her french-gray eyes with her stunning brown eyes.

"Reina, please..." she asks faintly as Reina gets up and walks toward the hallway. "Don't leave me here..."

Reina stops and turns around, her orange hair moving all in one movement.

"I cannot help you now, you'll be fine on your own." She says stiffly.

"What does that mean?" She asks.

"They will come, and we are making too much noise. It takes a long time to understand. And I can't tell you now. I'll tell you in another dream, nightmare. This all feels so real, right? This is going to affect you and your choices." She replies seriously.

"How? Please Reina, we're sisters. Blood related. What about Mom and Dad? What's going to happen to them?"

"It depends on how you act out this play. How you write it. We have some mistakes, flaws in our writing. And you need to figure out what you're doing wrong."

"What about my leg?"

Reina stays silent. She looks around her surroundings.

"Only this once."

Her hand starts to glow, and she kneels down and hovers her hand over Xinyi's broken leg. A minute later, Xinyi doesn't feel anymore pain or crippling.

"This isn't a horror story Xinyi. If you put it that way, it will. But this is supposed to end as a mystery or thriller. It just ends how you write the story."

Reina walks away.

"Wait! How long is it going to take me?"

Reina looks behind her, stopping at the doorway.

"It's only a matter of time you have." Finally, walking off into the dark hallways of the night.

Getting up from the ground, Xinyi proceeds to sprint back to Zelda's room. Seeing a faint glow, she stops. A lantern, she thinks. She sees something else. Deep, blue eyes look around the corridor, locking eyes with Xinyi. It's a man. He looks tired, tired of abuse. Bruises everywhere where there is exposed skin. His light brown hair is curly, moving slowly as he looks around for an escape. Holding up the lantern to his face, and the torch of the lantern disappears in a snap, leaving ashes of where his body used to be.

"Forget what I saw, I need to get back to her room. No time for figuring out if he's with Metro and Less and if I have seen him before." She says rushing herself to the stairs.

As she darts off to Zelda's room, she enters out of breath. Michael turns around.

"Oh, were you pacing around the room?" He asks.

"Oh, she was." Zelda says, winking at Xinyi.

Surprised, they continue on with the spell. Apparently Zelda messed up really bad, causing a ringing sound in Michael's ears. As they all proceed to cast the spell correctly, using tips and directions, they finally cast it on Xinyi.

"Okay, I think it might work." Zelda says confidently.

"If it's a true, definite spell." Michael adds.

They all laugh, worryingly. Disturbing the two the floor below them.