No wonder

Xinyi wakes up from her in dream slumber, not knowing why she had lost air circulation so quickly. Remembering the voodoo doll, she thinks it was smushed or crumpled. She bursts through the door, running to Michael's room. She tries not to think of anything bad that can happen to her, but she continues running without thought.

Frantically knocking, the door opens. By itself. Xinyi looks around his room, everything is in place, his baseball bat and trophies, his bed is made, his wardrobe is closed, and so is his closet. Only thing is missing is Michael. She grabs his baseball bat, holding it firm in her hands. She doesn't find it too heavy, since this specific bat was used when Michael was 13 as well.

She then hears footsteps in the hallways, echoing loudly. Shoes. She peeks out the doorway, noticing Metro and Less, walking and having small talk. She tiptoes out of his room, but Metro stops and looks directly at her.

"Hello Xinyi Edwards." Metro greets.

She turns around, holding the bat like she's going to hit something. Or someone. "What do you want from me?! Where's Michael?!" She cries.

"Let's not worry about him right now." He says, "Let's focus on your loss and my victory."

He walks over to her, and Xinyi walks in the opposite direction facing him.

"Xinyi, don't be afraid of me." He says holding out his arms.

"Stay away from me!" She says swinging the bat to threaten him.

"What's a measly baseball bat going to do?" He asks smiling.

Less smiles. "You smiled!" They start clapping.

Metro ignores them. Before Metro can continue and take the bat away from Xinyi, Reina yells. "Close your eyes Xinyi!"

Xinyi follows her directions, and soon then after, Metro yells. "Dammit! Stupid blinding spell!"

Reina grabs Xinyi's wrist and runs down the hallway. Xinyi looks behind them, Metro on the ground along with Less. Metro is desperately trying to find something to grab on, and Less is just spinning in circles, hitting a wall time to time. Reina then lets go of Xinyi, and goes down the other hallway.

"The story writes itself Xinyi! Remember that!" Reina yells, looking back at Xinyi.

Reina smiles and turns towards the stairs. Xinyi smiles to herself, and runs down the hallway to the other set of stairs. She jumps on the railing, sliding down all the way to the basement.

The basement isn't dusty or anything spooky. It's like a very big library, with couches here and there, endless shelves of books and bookcases, and a place to warm yourself by the fireplace. Xinyi goes into the myth and black magic area, mainly called Zelda's wonderland.

Xinyi finds the category 'Watchful'. But there's only one, thick book sitting there on the shelf. It's titled 'Eyes of the Shadows' with no author written anywhere. Xinyi blows of the dust, coughing a little. She figures out it's the history of people that kill in others dreams and other information. Mainly the teens are targeted. Her eyes widen, as she flips through the pages.

Distraction; Pets.

Pets of the family or one teen can either go against them or spare them. They turn into vicious beasts with razor sharp claws, and normally has two or more tongues. Cats usually tend to fight whenever they want to. Dogs always spare. Birds are just watching them, then giving up information to the Unhappy; Blood seekers. (pg. 105) Hamsters, and/or and vermin like pets with most likely fight. Clockworks(pg. 43) bond very well with the Distractions. Light of the Dark(pg, 44) don't really like them, but have a strong bond with them. Unhappy and Delicate Bond(pg.190) don't get a good bond, since they stick together.

Xinyi keeps on flipping pages until she gets to the history part. The first name for the 'Unhappy' is Metro.

Metro. 1919-2019. So far.

Metro has found a 'Delicate Bond'; Less 1,000 years ago. Metro was a happy man, but tables have turned when he had died. He joined the 'Unhappy' not to long after. On one of his unsuccessful dreams, he stumbled upon Less. They were a 'Delicate Bond', an 'Unhappy' sidekick or just there to try and make them smile. Metro never succeeded in a dream, but is currently trying to. Xinyi Edwards is his main target, and her family members. Apparently he also really likes Less for who they are. His main goal is to get happiness from teens and kids since they have so much energy and youth. Even fun. He wants his life again.

The story writes itself. Everything in this book changes along with the person.

Xinyi giggles. "Metro has a little crush!"

She then keeps flipping the pages, but some of the 'Unhappy' have no history, only a eye that has a X over it. For example, one of the most successful, Remaire, has one. Including the quote, "The story wrote itself. They are gone again."

Xinyi closes the book and climbs the stairs to the first floor, walking then to one of the secret rooms, which is behind a shelf with trophies of past events.

The room is like a larger version of Xinyi's dream wonderland. An ombré sky, pastel grass, a beautiful moon, and a small, elegant village painted on a wall. Walking along the room with a soft carpet under her feet, she thinks, and a thought pops into her head.

"No wonder." She says.

She hears footsteps, soft ones. She's never heard them before.

"Open up." A female voice whispers.