On the Lake

None of us Summer program kids are normal. Nathan Lupin is a Werewolf like Professor Lupin his Father. Levi Hero is a descendent of Salazar and visited by the Slytherin Jester or as she calls him the clown. Kyle Wolfbane can understand any animal and was visited by the Hufflepuff Chef. Aaron Blackwell is able to tell you how to make certain things like potions just by looking at them, but pictures don't work for whatever the reason along with visits from the Griffindor Barbarian. Kale talks to Dragons and once found a nest of Phoenixes. James well that was kinda explained already. As for me my family is cursed. I once tamed a Unicorn...then it died. Not only that but I'm family was once one of Dragon magicians now of Mudbloods and muggles. Now as a side affect of this one certain days we can walk on water with hair of pearl white, or blood red hair and walking on Lava without burning. Once such a night was tonight and even if Tom loves to ruin my days, my nights however he can never ruin. At least on nights like this.

The school day wouldn't go fast enough and to be honest I had to skip a class. I feel bad for skipping one of Professor Lupin's classes, but facing my fears is not something I wanna do. Luckily James skipped with me. We spent our time under the library in a hidden room. Tom was over joyed by it's contents. Books on the Dark arts.

"How does Dumbledore not know about this?" Tom asked skimming through the books on curses.

"That's not important." I said looking at one on forbidden spells.

"It wasn't me." James said kicking back in a chair.

"Mint?" Tom asked looking at me.

"Mandriffs can be evilish." I said turning away from him.

"Explain." I said walking up behind me and taking my book out of my hands.

"Hey give it back!" I exclaimed.

"Not until you explain how these books got here." Tom said keeping it out of my reach. I started jumping up trying to grab it but every time I was about to grab it he quickly held it higher.

"Meanie." I grunted continuing to jump for my book. Tom just smirked still keeping it out of reach. James sat there on his phone not really caring. After a while I stopped and just glared at Tom.

"There's no point in being stubborn. Which reminds me, why are you two skipping class?" Tom asked.

"I don't like Bogs and he can't be near one so he would've had to be with Snape." I explained.

"And I don't like Snape." James said not even looking up from his phone.

"Yeah." I said looking up at my book that was still above me.

"So you two are skipping to read about the Dark Arts." Tom said. We both nodded. He chuckled softly still holding my book out of reach. "So how did these books even get here and stay hidden?" Asked Tom.

"We Mandriffs have our ways of over generations gathering books and hiding them." I explained. He smiled handing me back my book.

"Very nice." He said I couldn't help but smile proud of my ancestors as well as myself. I sat down in a chair and started reading. Tom grabbed a book off the shelf and started reading as well. There of us sat there in silence reading until the alarm from James's phone went off.

"Time flies when you read about the dark arts." I said looking up from my book. Tom frowned "Do we have to leave?" He asked.

"Yes but we'll be back." I said closing my book and setting it aside. I stood up grumply looking at his book. I tossed him a bookmark. He caught it and started turning it in his hand.

"Unicorns." He said chuckling.

"Yeah their great." I said. Tom used the bookmark and set the book aside.