Tom's Rune!

As I slept I saw what appeared to be a rune. It was written in pure white in a pitch black void. When I woke up Tom's diary was gone.

"Why won't it go away? What even is this rune?" I heard Tom. I turned to see him looking on the inside cover of his diary. He looked up at me. "Are you actually awake this time?" He said. I raised a eyebrow highly confused. Tom held open his diary to me. There on the inside cover was the rune I saw.

"I guess that's your rune now." I mumbled rubbing my eyes.

"Excuse me what?" Tom said "My rune?" I nodded Tom walked over to me. "What is this about?" He asked putting a hand on my desk.

"If I use that rune around the school I can create a play area for you." I explained looking up at him.

"What's the catch?" Tom asked.

"If I leave the area it won't work." I said standing up.

"That's it?" Tom asked.

"As far as I know, yes that's the only catch." I walked pass Tom and looked at the window. It was dark out still. I turned to Tom and held my hand out to him.

"What?" Tom looked at my hand with a raised eyebrow.

"I need to change so into the book you go and into the desk it goes." I explained. Tom opened my desk drawer and place the diary in it himself then disappeared. I got changed and flopped on my bed again.

I didn't sleep the best that night for whatever the reason. I woke up nearly a dozen times and it took forever to fall back asleep again. Tom was never there so I guess I didn't make any real amount of noise. That morning I felt drained and it made sense. Turns out it was that horrid time. Yes that horrid time. For me it isn't very often I guess it cause of the curse. It doesn't make it worse I think. I don't really know. I'll be cranky for a bit. Hopefully Tom won't be a pain. Thankfully not today. He didn't even appear, it was like he knew or something. I don't think he did. That'd be weird. But he didn't show back up for a while. Not until it ended and I have to say I didn't mind it. I knew he'd come back and I missed the quiet. It was nice but I also missed Tom randomly appearing. It's weird you only miss something when it's gone.

Or Someone I guess.

When...it was over Tom showed back up and just in time.

"Tom make a list of the top ten places in Hogwarts you'd like to be able to go freely." I said putting a piece of paper and a quill in front of him on my desk.

"I thought you'd never ask." Tom said smiling as he began jotting down the places he wanted. I watched him write over his shoulder. He writes with perfect penmanship. It may sound weird but it's beautiful. It's perfect what can I say. I wonder how long it took for him to become so good at it. When he was done he handed it to me.

"Okay now we need to talk to Dumbledore come on." I said grabbing  his diary and heading for Dumbledore's office.

"What for?" Tom asked following me.

"Permission for stuff." I said as we walked through the halls.

"Where is everyone?" Tom said looking around the nearly empty halls.

"There's a match between Hufflepuff and Griffindor today." I explained just in time for us to get to Dumbledore's office.

"Dumbledore we need to talk for a sec." I said poking my head in.

"Okay but you'll have to make it quick." He said. I handed Dumbledore the list Tom made. I had talked to Dumbledore early that week about the idea of a Tom play area.

"I take it you intend to get this done during the match." Dumbledore said handing me make the list and I nodded. "Just keep it hidden." Dumbledore said and I nodded before heading out to get started. Olivia and Levi said they'd help me. James couldn't cause he feels he had to go make fun of Aaron at the match, and Kyle won't cause Nathan is on the Hufflepuff team and he wants to give him support.

Kale won't cause he's working the concessions. So it's just us girls and Tom. Let's just hope we're fast enough. Levi and Olivia were in the courtyard waiting.

"Okay let's cover as much space as possible as fast as possible." I said passing the list around "Those would be snake head's requests."

"No, Dark Prince." Olivia said pointing a finger at me.

"Snake head?" Levi and Tom questioned in unison.

"Whatever let's just get to work please ." I said and we did. The fact is that we finished up just in time for everyone to be heading back.

I flopped on my bed extremely tired, my body felt like I just run a marathon. Tom moved my hair from my face. He bit down on his lower lip.

"I can't believe I'm telling a muggle born this but, thanks." Tom said his hand resting on my cheek.

"Don't thank me yet we still need to make sure it works right." I said trying to keep my eyes open.

He nodded "I'll go do that while you get some sleep." Tom said with a smile.

"Just don't be seen okay." I said he nodded and walked out of the room. I curled up into a ball and fell asleep. I dreamt peaceful fruit filled dreams and when I woke up Tom was asleep at my desk. I stood up and walked over to him ruffling his hair. He stirred a little and that's when I saw him smiling. I guess that he to is having peaceful dreams. I couldn't help but smile at the thought. Must be some dream if he's smiling, but what do I know.