Screw New Years!

"So do you guys have any plans for New year's?" Joe asked. Uncle Haden sipped his hot chocolate majestically then turned to his comrade in comedy.

"No not really." Haden said simply.

"That's right you guys don't do anything for New year's." Joe said with a groan "which is no fun."

"Dude I drink with you every year." Haden said.

"Are we really just sitting to the side lines?" Tom asked me looking over my shoulder at my book.

"Yep." I said not looking up from my book.

"Does that not bother you even a little bit?" Tom asked me pulling my book out of my hands.

"No now give me my book back." I said holding my hand out to him.

"Come on it has to bother you sometimes." Tom said holding my book out of reach.

"Again no it doesn't, in fact I kinda enjoy it." I said.

"Explain." Tom said setting my book on the couch next to him.

"Well, when people are not paying attention to you it's easier to observe your surroundings, to study one's behavior, and if they are unaware of your presence they may say something they normally wouldn't." I explained reaching over Tom to my book.

"Why are you reading about blood magic?" Tom asked.

"I have a hunch is all." I said opening my book again.

"Okay who wants to stay up until the sunrise with me?" Joe asked loudly.

"No thank you I like being able to sleep thank you." I said not looking up from my book. Tom once again started reading over my shoulder, I'm noticing that this has been happening a lot. What do we have common interests or something? Or maybe he's just bored and wants something to do? Who knows what goes on in his mind.

"I'm with her." Tom said.

"Oh come you guys are no fun." Joe declared.

"School does that to people quite often." Haden said laughing.

"Haden will you stay up with me?" Joe asked.

"I can try." Haden said he's never been good at staying up late. He trys quite often but almost always fails. Peaches came running to me and jumped into my lap.

"Oof Peaches you're on my book." I said getting my now Peaches signed book out from under her.

"Cella looks so betrayed." Tom said looking at Cella who was sitting on the floor with a very grumpy cat look on her face. "If you turn into a snake you can curl up around my neck." Tom said holding his hand out to her. Cella looked at his hand for a moment then turned into a snake and slithered up his sleeve. She wrapped herself around his neck then licked his cheek with her forked tounge. I giggled as Peaches curled up for a nap in my lap.
"Cella just loves attention doesn't she?" Tom asked.

"Look who's talking." I said and I swear it just slipped out. Yes it's true but oh my, the face he made. Was one of anger.

"What do you know." Tom grunted snatching my book away from me.

"Sorry it just slipped out." I said looking down at my lap. He's mad at me now, just great looks like I might be up all night after all.

"Yeah right." Tom said slouching.

"I swear it did." I said looking at him.

"Even if it did there had to be a reason as to why you'd say it." Tom said looking me dead in the eye.

"Well..." I mumbled.

"I knew it!" Tom shouted throwing his hands in the air causing me to flinch.

"Hey no shouting." Haden said loudly.

"Sorry uncle Haden." I said covering Tom's mouth to prevent him from saying something. "Listen it's only because you hate to be ignored by people unless you are off in think a lot land." I explained heck Dumbledore isn't aloud to ignore him for even a second. I slowly removed my hand from his mouth and all was well. Cella was now sleeping and so was Peaches.

"Whatever." Tom said crossing his arms. "Cella's scales right now are surprisingly smooth." Tom rubbed the tip of his finger along her scales.

"What were expecting?" I asked petting Peaches.

"I thought they were be more defined, not fine and smooth." Tom said although it sounded as though he was having trouble finding the words to explain.

"Well in that snake form Cella's scales don't have a defined break between each scale so, that would make it smoother." I explained as best as possible. "Her head has more defined scales." I pointed to her head to the larger more defined scales."

"Yeah." Tom said softly rubbing his thumb in little circles on her head. Tom started softly speaking to Cella is parcel tounge. For some reason it was a soothing sound to me and I fell asleep.

That's right Mint doesn't stay up on New Year's day. She needs the sleep, school is tiring enough... Tom is too. I'm also still waiting for hate on how long it took me to the Christmas episode of madness done or hate on the characters I don't know why. I hope you enjoy this madness of a story and Happy New Year guys and gals.

-Wizard

P.s The reason this isn't all bold is because my phone was being dumb