Chapter One

"Come on, Sonic! It's just for one night!"

"No."

"Please, Sonic? Our costumes will look so cute together!"

I blushed a little at that. "No."

"Please Mr. Sonic?"

I looked down at the cream-colored rabbit. There was no way I could deny her. "Fine," I sighed. "But just for a little bit."

"YAY!" Tails ran out the room, coming back with the cane and cape that was supposed to be my costume. The cape had this red strap that I was supposed to fasten around my neck with a little golden button. The outside was a midnight black, almost darker than Shadow's fur, and the inside was red velvet. The cane was like those a rich person would carry for the heck of it, the one with a golden ball on the top of it.

Tails handed the costume to me, and I reluctantly put it on, examining my reflection in the full-body mirror in my room. I had to admit I looked pretty cool in it, but I wasn't gonna let the others know.

I glanced at the others in the mirror, looking at their costumes as well. Tails was dressed up like one of those mad docs from those old black and white movies. He wore a white lab coat that had a few stains and rips for effect, and a set of goggles rested on his forehead.

Amy was dressed up like a witch, wearing an outfit similar to her normal red dress, except it was all black and a little more lacy. A black pointed hat with a silver stripe of velvet going around the back was placed on her bubblegum quills. A broomstick was in one hand, and a thin purple wand was in the other.

Cream was dressed up like she was every year - a fairy princess. Her pink ballet outfit matched her pink glittery fairy wings, as did her glittery pink tiara.

I turned around to face my friends, my cape swishing around me as I moved. "You guys ready for the party?"

"YEAH!" The four of us ran downstairs.

The living room of my house was completely decked out for Halloween. Orange and black streamers and balloons clung to the ceiling and walls. The furniture had been cleared away to make way for a dance floor, and a table with turntables on top of it had been set up in the corner for the DJ.

All of our other friends were already here, waiting for the party to start. All of them were dressed in various costumes.

Knuckles was wearing a Frankenstein's monster costume. Bolts stuck out of his neck from a neckband he was wearing. Heavy boots replaced his normal shoes, and slightly tattered clothing hung loosely from his body.

Shadow wasn't really dressed up so much, but by taking a quick look at his teeth and noting that his already sharp fangs were a little longer, I assumed he was pretending to be a vampire this year.

Rouge was dressed similar to Amy, except her costume was a little more *ahem* revealing in certain places. I think you know what I mean.

Silver was dressed like a knight. From head to toe he was covered in silver armor, even the five quills that stood up on the top of his head. A sword in its sheath was strapped to his hip, and the visor of his helmet was pulled down over his face, making his voice sound funny when he talked.

Finally, Blaze was dressed as a mummy. Yellowing bandages covered her entire body except for her face. A few loose bandages hung from her body. On her head sat an Egyptian headdress like one a queen would wear.

Everybody's heads and attention snapped up to me as I came downstairs, even Tails, Amy, and Cream, who were right there next to me. I reached the bottom of the steps and stopped, the cape brushing the front of my legs. I could feel the anticipation in the room rise as everybody waited for me to say something.

After standing there for a minute in silence, I finally cracked and smirked. "Let's get this party started!"