Chapter Two

Everybody had a blast tonight. We all had a good time thanks to our awesome DJ: me! We filled up on candy, even Shadow. He looked kinda weird with that crazy smile on his face...oh well. After all of that though, we still thought something else should happen tonight. What actually occurred wasn't what we thought, but nobody knew that at the time.

"We could do one of those Halloween games everybody does," Knuckles suggested as he leaned against the wall behind the DJ table, his hands resting behind his head.

I just looked at him. "No, Knuckles. If we want this party to go off with a bang, we need something better than a lame party game."

Just then, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it!" I dashed around the table and to the door in a burst of wind, stopping and opening the door just as my cape got tangled up on my face.

"Hi..um, I heard there was a party here, and I was wondering if I could join...?"

I pulled the cape off my face and froze when I saw the speaker. It was a female cat, with fur as dark as Shadow's. Her witch's costume looked worn yet beautiful at the same time, making it look real. What startled me the most were her eyes. They were a bright golden color that could stare daggers right through you. They were pretty, but creepy too.

"Um, w-what?" I stuttered as I stared at her.

She giggled. "Can I join your party?"

"S-sure. Come on in." I opened the door wider so she could walk past me.

"Thanks. By the way, my name is Isabella." She walked in, her tail brushing under my chin as she went.

I stood there stunned for a moment before going back to the DJ table. Knucklehead was staring at Isabella when I came over.

"Who's the girl?" he asked me.

"Dunno. She said her name was Isabella. Besides that, I don't know a thing about her."

"Oh..." Knuckles kept staring at her. He was still staring as she came over to us, her tail swishing slowly under her skirt.

"There's not much going on here. What do you guys have to do?" she asked.

Knuckles elbowed me in the side as if I had an answer. "We don't have much...do you have any ideas?"

"Well...I'm not a bad singer..."

"Then sing something! Let's bring some life to this party!" I tossed her a microphone from the table. As she walked to the center of the room, I yelled, "Everybody listen up! Izzy here is gonna sing us a song!"

Isabella glared at me for giving her the nickname, but I just ignored it as I put my headphones on and started the song. Isabella took a deep breath, and for a split second I thought I saw a different look on her face: sinister. It was only there for a second, so I let it go, thinking it was just a trick of the light as she began to sing.

"Heart thumps and you jump

Comin' down with goosebumps!

You dare to go there

I'ma I'ma get you so scared!

We're wantin' to

We're hauntin' you

We're wantin' to

Eh eh

If you stayed in too late

To be getting afraid

This scene's extreme

I I I I'ma get you so scared!

We're wantin' to

We're hauntin' you

We're wantin' to

Eh eh"

I looked around the room as Isabella sang. Everybody seemed to be enjoying it, but something seemed...off, about them. They watched her with glazed, unblinking eyes. I looked at Knuckles, who was still beside me as he listened. I waved my hand in front of his eyes, but he didn't move a muscle.

"Gonna get your body shakin'

Wishin' you could just awaken'

Here we go...

Tonight all the monsters gonna dance

We're comin' to get ya!

Tonight all the monsters gonna dance

We're comin' to get ya!

If you're only dreaming

Why I hear you screaming?

Tonight all the monsters gonna dance

We're comin' to get ya!

Callin' all the monsters, callin' all the monsters

Callin' all the, callin' all the, callin' all the monsters!"

Just then, Knuckles pushed himself off from the wall and walked around the DJ table slowly in a kind of trance-like state.

"Knux, what are you doing?" I grabbed his wrist, but he just shrugged me off and kept going, walking toward Isabella with his wide glassy eyes. I looked at the others, seeing them doing the same thing. My head snapped over to Isabella. She didn't seem phased at all by the fact that my friends were coming towards her like zombies. In fact, she looked as if she was expecting this. She had a smirk on her face and a twinkle in her eye that told me right away that that look I had seem on her face earlier wasn't my imagination. She was up to something, and my friends were the target.

I ran around the table and out to the middle of the room, standing between my zombified friends and Isabella. "Guys, stop! It's a trap! She's up to something!" Nobody stopped though. They all brushed past me and closer to Isabella as she continued to sing.

"Gonna paint it red, get inside your head, head, head

Like a demon choir playing with fire, fire, fire

Gonna get your body shakin'

Wishin' you could just awaken'

Here we go...

Tonight all the monsters gonna dance

We're comin' to get ya!

Tonight all the monsters gonna dance

We're comin' to get ya!

If you're only dreaming

Why I hear you screaming?

Tonight all the monsters gonna dance

We're comin' to get ya!

WE'RE COMIN' TO GET YOU!"

Just then, the power in the house went out. Something hit me on the back of the head, and I collapsed on the floor, knocked out.

*****

Finally got this done! :) This chapter looked a lot better in my head...ah well. The power of imagination, I guess. Anyway, hope you guys like this, and be expecting the next chapter pretty soon! Maybe tomorrow!