Chapter 2

"What was that about?" Min Sa asked handing me the bubble tea. "Darren is observant... He still remembered that I get pretty nervous at hiding things." I replied as I took a sip. "So, do you think he is suspicious that you are you?" She pokes the fried chicken with her chopstick. "You started eating lunch already?" A guy whined. Her questions are left unanswered.

"Sa..." The guy whined again when she ignores him. "Wei hi." A smile crept on the guy's face when Min Sa finally greeted him. Like she meant something special to him. She looked at me and I nodded giving her approval.

"Yue this is Xi Wei. My best friend. Wei this is Shen Yue... The fiancée of Dylan Wang." She introduced us to each other. "But." Suddenly she adds. "He does not know that Shen Yue is here."

He looks at me dumbstruck. Like he is a little bit shy to talk to me.

"You can call me Yue." I said encouragingly. "Yue what subject you are majoring in?" He asked taking the seat beside her. "Business just like your best friend." I winked.

We continued talk about various things like how was London. How many places I have been...

"Wei." I tried to whine like him. "You have been asking me about myself what about yourself?" I asked. "I'm Xi Wei, majoring Chinese history."

Min Sa narrated the whole situation to him. "Why are you trusting us?" He asked. "I don't know. I never actually ever had friends. Being born in an influential family is difficult that you have to travel a lot. So, I was insecure with the idea of friends but I used to hang out with Dylan and his friends or his sister." I spoke.

***

The classes were pretty boring as my mind continued to drift back on Dylan Wang. Is he really arrogant and obnoxious like people say or it's just a rumour like I and Dylan are separating our paths.

The last thought got on my nerves that I kicked the empty soda can. There is no way we can be separated.

"Shit." I cursed as I saw Dylan holding a soda can and is probably angry. I open the mouth to apologize.

 I open the mouth to apologize

My mouth went dry.

If I open my mouth, he would surely recognise me.

"She is my girlfriend and we had a fight. I'm sorry. I'm apologizing from her side." Wei opened his mouth before I could say anything.

"But this can hit me." He was fuming with anger as he said through gritted teeth. "Dylan you can't hit a girl for that." Darren stepped up to calm the sudden commotion.

"Who said that I am going to hit her... What is Xi Wei for...?" He chuckled. And he shoved Wei hard. I clenched my fists hard. Hard enough for my nails to draw blood from my delicate palms.

I looked at Darren. Pleading him to stop Dylan from causing a scene.

I could not handle myself when Dylan's fists connect with Wei's face.

I closed my eyes and kicked Dylan venting all of my anger. Luckily Wei was pulled away by Min Sa.

"Don't ever dare to raise a finger against my friends." I yelled. "Dylan Wang you are truly arrogant obnoxious. And I don't know why I left Oxford for you Mr Fiancé." I chuckled humourlessly at the last words before I turned my back and dragged both Min Sa and Xi Wei out of the campus.