Chapter 5

"Yue are you okay?" Darren asked. "I'm okay." I was on verge of tears. But I blink them away. "Shen Yue, I love you." He whispered. I almost unheard it due to yelling outside. My breathing got hitched.

I felt giddy but also sad. Why can't Dylan be more like Darren. "Darren." I sighed as I caressed his face. "I don't know. I don't want to waste my time on someone who can never be mine. But I can't allow myself to love someone else either." I got up from the chair. Dylan got into his car.

There is something changed in Dylan. Something that is making me give him a chance. But I need to know if he is willing to change a little because no one can take his place in my heart.

"Darren I am willing to give one week." I winked as I hastily turned to hall.

***

"Yesterday was one of the longest 24 hours." I said as I chewed the chicken dim-sum. "Agreed." Min Sa nodded. Wei said "So you and Darren?"

"It's temporary. Basically, to understand Dylan Wang. If he really cares." I sighed.

The news of me dating Darren in spite of being engaged to Dylan spread like wildfire. There were silent murmurs everywhere.

"Yue." I heard Dylan calling my name. I stopped on track. His voice was fragile like he's nervous. "Tomorrow I am hosting a party. I hope you would like to come." He told. Before I can speak Darren came out of nowhere with a red hibiscus. "Attach it to your left." He smiled.

It was the first time I felt distant from both of them. Like I never knew either of those boys with whom I grew up with.

***

My study schedule was a mess. I need to concentrate. My mind continues to drift back at the tension between the three of us.

My phone rang. "Hi, Min Sa."

"Yue did you hear the news?" Her tone was serious. "What?"

"Feng Wang is remarrying next month."

And finally, I could figure out the puzzle named Dylan Wang.