Chapter 7 Part 1

It's been a week since I and Dylan mended our relationship and made us official. Yet it's different atmosphere in school. "I cannot believe Shen Yue and Dylan Wang are back together." I heard one of the girls say. "Didn't you hear Darren Chen rejected Yue because he still loves Dong Shan Cai." The other girl replied. "Both Dylan and Darren deserve better than a whore like Yue. Day before yesterday she was dating Darren..."

They made me wonder that something is wrong between them for real and it's not because of me. And it still concerns me.

"Yue are you okay?" Connor and Caesar asked. It took me a moment to know that I was crying. Then Caesar looked at my shoulder. "Those are just girls."

"Tell me something." I sighed. "What you want to know?" Caesar adjusted his spectacles. "What's the deal between Darren and Dylan?"

Hearing my question Connor coughed. "You don't know?" "I guess I have always been kept in dark." I replied.

"Back when we were seventeen years old. I still remember Shan Cai was your best friend during those years. And all it happened when..." Suddenly my phone rang. A single notification. 'Dong Xuan is marrying widow of long-time friend Wang Liu'. Shit.

"I have to go to Dylan." I hurried to the terrace.

####

DYLAN WANG

I cannot believe my mother is going to marry Dong Xuan. Even she is paying a huge price. Whole share is going down. As I thought.

I restlessly paced back and forth. Yue arrived shortly. "Yue marry me already." I kissed her feverishly. She moaned. But she gripped my arm and smacked my head.

"Marriages aside. We have a major problem to solve." She reminded.

"So, the shares are going down already. I have a bad feeling Xuan is trying to merge both companies." I told her.

"Dylan, I know as an intern it's going to be hard for me to access all the files, but let's take a chance." I know what the fuck is she suggesting. "But Yue..."

"Dylan it's our only chance for god's sake." A familiar voice yelled from behind. Darren. "I cannot push problem upon Yue." I yelled back. "I can accompany her." His last word made me want to punch him again.

"I would be safe Dylan. I promise." She kissed my forehead. "Xuan's primary trade is human trafficking." And what he almost did to my sister I don't want same happens to Yue. Even though my mother is blind to his dirt. Dee is working behind everybody's back to unveil his deeds.

The information made Yue's jaw drop. "So, be safe." I pulled her in my arms. And kissed her like my life depends on her.

Darren clears his throat as Caesar and Connor laugh. And Yue's friends stare at us agape.

"What are you guys staring at? She is my to be wife." I growl. Everybody starts laughing loudly at my remark.

####

SHEN YUE

I was alone in the office. Arranging files. Or truthfully, searching for the confidential ones. I closely read the files trying to find something useful. Especially the recent underhand dealings.

The quiet squeal of door made me frozen.

"Who is there?" My voice was trembling. "I said wh.... who is there?" I clutched the confidential file with my sweaty palms waiting for my flight instincts to kick in.

"It is me."