Chapter 7 Part 2

"Do you really think I can stay sane thinking what wrong may happen?" Dylan pinched my cheeks. "Ouch. Dylan it hurts." I yelped.

"And I am not alone." He pointed to his ear piece. "I got the file." I gave it to him. "Now, go."

"To where?" He asked. "I don't know. To solve the mess, I guess." We can't stay in archive room for too long. I am an intern, straying down the archives is dangerous for me.

As I was about to open the door. I heard someone was outside. "I guess Darren and Dylan are never meant to be friends."

I held his arms barring him to open the door. As I continued to listen. "Luo Ning told me they fought again and this time due to Shen Yue."

"The voice is of... Shan Cai." Dylan whispered. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Silly Yue, she is..." "Hush..."

I stopped him from speaking.

"Yeah Dad, that Darren boy can be profitable after all."

###

DYLAN WANG

I could hear Darren's breath through the earpiece. Shan Cai has no idea why I and Darren fought. "Darren are you okay?" I murmured. Yue turned, "Darren is on the other side?"

I nodded.

Suddenly everything outside was silent. "You leave first." Yue told me. "I will follow you." I kissed her forehead.

But something was off.

As I and Yue stepped outside, not only Shan Cai but Dong Xuan himself along with few guards stood in front of us.

"Dylan Wang what a pleasant surprise." Xuan smirked as he took out the gun from the holster. "I thought you would be quite clever unlike your father."

Shiver ran through my spine. I pulled Shen Yue closer to me.

"But you pushed your fiancée into this mess along with yourself." He chuckled. "Yue has nothing to do with you." I yelled.

"Well, as a nosy bastard, which you are...You are worthless. But Shen Yue, her beauty is worth diamonds." Shan Cai forcefully lifted Yue's head in her father's view.

The way Xuan's finger crept on Shen Yue's face made me want to kill him but I stood like a statue just for Shen Yue's sake.

I can't let her get her hurt.

It broke my heart to see Yue squirm under his vile touch.

"Xuan you are truly despicable old son of a bitch." I roared. I couldn't take it anymore.

"Dylan we are on the way. Don't do anything stupid." Darren's terrified voice told. I tried to mask my expressions.

"Shan Cai you don't deserve to be a woman. Darren tried to do everything for you... even fight with Dylan." She unexpectedly spitted on Shan Cai.

Suddenly, Xuan slapped her. I kicked him as I held Shen Yue and ran for her life.

###

SHEN YUE

It was my first-time seeing Dylan panicking.

"Police is on the way." He said as we took the elevator. I stopped the elevator in the midway reaching the ground-floor. "It would stall them from reaching us." I sighed as I leaned on the door.

"How long?" Dylan barked at the earpiece. 

"Is Darren on the line?" I ask. He nodded. Suddenly the elevator jerked and started moving. I curse under my breath. Damn.  

Dylan shields me as the door starts to open. Only to find Darren and Caesar smiling at us. The police have arrived. I sigh.

"Everything is over."

Unexpectedly someone fires gun at us. "No." I wail.

Everyone around us panics. I look at Dylan who is seemingly fine. Suddenly Darren falls on the ground. 

I know I am being cruel. But don't kill me yet. Epilogue is on the way. And also a sequel. 

Sorry I couldn't update often. 

And yeah, I am going to start this story afresh with slight changes and post them on inkitt.

Inkitt is a writing platform like Wattpad.  As an author I have disappointed you with late updates. And even at a point I gave up on this. But surely I'll finish this series, I have started. Debuchi for all the mistakes and disappointments.

Your Daisha