1 ➣ Academy Life

"Aren't our feelings right now

"Aren't our feelings right now... mysterious?"

S T A R T

It was a fairly bright day. Every once and a while, the sun would peek out from behind the fluffy, white clouds. With both of her hands being held by her parents, she giggled melodiously every time she jumped; for her parents would tighten their hold and swing her forwards, making her feel like she was flying.

At the Academy gates, she waved her hand at her parents, giving them a wide, happy smile, before walking inside the building. Her head was held up high, showing no fear in entering the building... it was her second week, after all.

For her, she was perfectly fine with developing at her own pace, not feeling the need to be over-the-top smart, or being extremely skilled at the physical exercises they were doing.

It was also something her parents stressed about. They told her, as long as she wasn't failing, they were perfectly fine with her moving at her own pace.

Striding into the classroom, she looked around, hoping to see Sasuke, someone she'd grown accustomed to. Just by her luck, there he was! Sitting in the seat closest to the window, a bunch of girls circling him. To her, he looked a little troubled. A small grin formed on her face, stuck between helping him or just leaving him be.

Sighing, she couldn't let her friend go through such troubles when she was around. Going up the stairs, she stopped at the section he was sitting at. "Hey, Sasuke!"

The boy squeezed through the horde, managing a smile.

"Sanae-chan!" He greeted, going to her as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately for her, this earned her deadly stares from the girls that previously surrounded him. She mentally winced, but figured that for her friend, it would be fine.

"Okay, class! Get into your seats... now!" The teacher demanded. She wasn't a mean teacher, but this was the only way her words would get through some people's heads.

Hurriedly, her and Sasuke slid into the front row, sitting straight, and prepared to learn.

With a big smile, the teacher greeted them. "Good morning!"

In unison, the class greeted her. "Good morning, Seiko-sensei!"

Sasuke and Sanae turned to face each other, wide smiles paintings their faces.

::

The first two periods ended and Sanae decided to stay inside for the short break they were given. She wasn't too close with the others in her class, and Sasuke left to play outside. Looking at the clock, it read: 10:00.

Fifteen more minutes, she thought. The cerise-eyed girl finished her snack long ago, now focused on finishing sheets that were made homework. The one thing she truly disliked, was homework.

Scribbling some words, the sound of the doors sliding open caught her attention.

Seiko, her teacher smiled at her. Not really weirded out by the fact she was here alone. At first, it was bit of a shock, but she soon grew accustomed to it.

"Hello, Sanae," Seiko waved.

"Hi, Sensei," Sanae grinned, before looking back down at her paper. She didn't mean to seem rude, it was just that she was so engrossed in finishing her work that everything else was unclear... in a way.

The girl beamed. Feeling proud and accomplished that she finished all her supposed homework without the help of an adult (leaving her brain a little fried), and by the time the bell rang, signalling the start of class.

Students came running in. A very ecstatic Sasuke ran into the classroom, breathing pretty heavily. He ran up to Sanae, throwing his arms in the air. "Sanae-chan! You should play with me and... and-" The boy stopped his sentence, forgetting the names of the people he played Ninja with.

"-me and friends!" He concluded, beaming. Sanae arched an eyebrow, tilting her head slightly. She nodded, just tiny bit confused.

"Okay!" Extending the "o," Seiko slammed her hands on the table, getting everyone's attention. "Time to start class!"

The other six-year-olds sat in their seats, some already a little bored.

"Now, that you all are quiet..." The woman stood straight, crossing her arms over her chest and stepping out from behind her desk. She paced back and forth, a grin spreading across her face. "Tell me... what are the five main chakra natures?"

The green-eyed lady rose an eyebrow at some of the kid's who pursed their lips and looked away, clearly forgetting what they learned from the first week.

However, her eyes glimmered when she saw Sasuke and Sanae's arms straight in the air. The way their eyes connected, and the small grin they shared making Seiko's heart happy.

"Sasuke... tell me three, and Sanae the other two, please."

The boy stood up, his arms glued to his sides. "F-fire! Wind, and Water!"

He sat down, Sanae standing up. In a calm voice, she spoke the answers. "Earth and lightning." The Uchiha boy gazed up at her, warmth coursing through his veins. His onyx orbs were wide with curiosity, following her every movement.

When she sat down, she turned her head, sending a delighted smile his way. The gesture was slight, but it was enough for his cheeks to sport a soft hue of pink. Noticing this, the tips of Sanae's ears turned red. Both weren't sure why, but the Sensei who smiled at them knew more than enough.

"Excellent, you two!" Taking her eyes off the pair, she raised her hand, holding up four fingers.

"Now, what are all the Four Hokage's names?"

Once again, Sasuke and Sanae's hands shot up. Seiko sighed, smiling. "C'mon, you guys! Give Sanae and Sasuke a break!"

::

School was finally over. The two children exiting the building together. Their parents stood at the gates, waiting happily.

Mikoto — Sasuke's mom, and Mika — Sanae's mom conversed contentedly while waiting for the children.

Upon the sight of the two children walking together, both of their hearts melted. Sharing a look, both of them grinned.

Sanae gripped her mother's hand, her free hand used to wave goodbye. "Bye-bye, Sasuke, Uchiha-san!"

Mikoto smiled, feeling at ease knowing her youngest was friend's with such a kind girl.

"Bye! Sanae-chan!"

E N D

Okay! That is a wrap! I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed writing this chapter. Please, please, please, stay hydrated and healthy! And thank you so much for your time!

<3