7 ➣ By Your Side

"I don't like it when your gentle eyes look bewildered

"I don't like it when your gentle eyes look bewildered."

S T A R T

"One tray of dango, please," Sanae requested, looking up at the lady taking her order. She scribbled it down, smiling lightly and replying in a cheerful voice.

"Coming up!" The lady pivoted on her heel before retreating behind the swinging doors that led to the kitchen.

The young girl leaned forward, resting her chin atop her flattened hand, exhaling quietly. Her head tilted as she tapped her foot on the floor, listening to it echoe through the empty restaurant.

She wondered what her teammates and sensei were doing at around this time. There wasn't any training today because their sensei was doing super secret shinobi work.

"Huh?! What do you mean you're not gonna be here for a whole week?!" Kou yelled, pointing at their sensei, who pursed her lips, shifting her weight to her right foot.

"Yeah, it sucks." She admitted. "But Hiruzen-sama called me in."

"What are you doing anyway, Sensei?" Reika, her hyūga teammate, questioned.

Putting a finger on her lip, she winked. "Sorry, guys. But I can't say."

She remembered Kou having the biggest — and she meant the biggest fit she'd ever seen. He was pouting, stomping — if anything, she swore he was a toddler trapped in an adolescents body. Cracking a smile, her foot ceased tapping when she heard the bells chime.

"Hello! Welcome!~" The lady greeted. "What would you like?"

"One cup of ginseng tea." She froze. S-Sasuke?

"Got it! Just give me a sec!"

Sanae could hear the waitress sauntering to her, she straightened her posture, and softly thanked the the lady, who smiled and left.

"Sanae?"

Looking up, she was met with onyx eyes. "Hi?"

He slid into the seat in front of her. "What are you doing here?"

Sanae grinned, pointing at the multi coloured dango in the plate in front of her. "The dango here is really good," she said, pushing the plate towards him. "Wanna try?"

Sasuke shook his head, pushing the plate back to her. "I don't like sweets."

"You haven't even tried them, yet." She giggled, biting into one of the small coloured spheres and dragging it off with her teeth.