8 ➣ Reluctant Goodbyes

"Shall we give a name to this lonely feeling?"

S T A R T

Chūnin exams were finally over. Everything about it did intimidate her, but thanks to her sensei and her team, she ended up enjoying it. Sasuke and Naruto were in the hospital, Rock Lee (a fellow shinobi who she befriended) had been terribly injured, and Konoha was falling apart.

The attack was traumatic, seeing people all around her become injured, fighting for their life, some even dying... it really pained her.

The third Hokage also passed, paralyzing Orochimaru's hands so he couldn't do any more damage. She had an opinion she kept to herself about the well-known man: Hiruzen-sama was just too soft.

She knew about Orochimaru defecting and him not doing much about it. If that didn't happen and decided to eliminate him, maybe Konoha wouldn't be drowning in worry and fear. He was good man, but not the greatest Hokage.

Stepping in front of the hospital, she looked up at the kanji plastered on the front. Healing, she thought. I think we all need a little bit of that.

Going inside, smiled and waved to the receptionist, who looked at her with beady eyes over her glasses that slid down her nose.

Hospital security was not uptight, in fact, she could just wander aimlessly around the halls, or stride right in and none of the nurses would care.

Though, a lot more happened after the attack on Konoha.

Itachi, Sasuke's older brother came back. And Sasuke being Sasuke, he let his anger consume his being, and was floored by Itachi.

She was there when this all went down. The swordsman Kisame almost knocking her out.

He was put under a powerful genjutsu, and his sensei, Hatake Kakashi suffered severe damage from the older Uchiha as well. In which, Naruto and Jiraiya went to go find Tsunade, who now served as the Fifth Hokage.

She had this dull feeling that her closest friend was falling deeper and deeper into a trap, nothing she was doing helping his escape. He was destined for a path of revenge and she didn't want to believe it.

In the end, she knew it would be Naruto to save him; not her.

It was her sixth sense, if you believed in that type of thing.

An insignificant character she was, not having a specific role; merely taking up space. Yet, knowing this, she didn't feel burdened by it, pushing through her problems, believing she would soon be seen as someone much more than that.

Sasuke's mental state wasn't at its finest. She could see it through his cursed onyx orbs.

Look at that, she thought, facing the door that had Sasuke on the other side. I'm already here.