5 ➣ Tumbling Down

"It's frustrating, but love is pure like that

"It's frustrating, but love is pure like that."

S T A R T
: Sanae's POV :

"Sanae!" Yeah, the honorific had been dropped. I kinda warmed up to it. It made it feel like we were closer now... I guess. Truthfully, it was only a handful times I used "-kun" with his name... at school with all the girls screeching "Sasuke-kuuuun!" really just made me not want to call him that.

'Course, he didn't mind.

"What's up, Sasuke?" I managed to respond with a voice that held no trace of irritation. It wasn't like he annoyed me, though sometimes I really couldn't handle it.

I watched as he flailed his arms around, his cheeks turning pink from being frustrated. Oh my, what'd I do now? I always wondered why I make him so mad, what am I doing wrong?

"The Sakura petals are blooming! We have to go, go!" He jumped up, pointing at the direction we were supposed to go. I only bobbed my head, following him silently.

As Sasuke began to pick up his pace, subconsciously, I sighed, speeding up as well.

We ran through the busy town, filled with people bargaining and shopping and selling. The sound was something I was familiar to. Before I lost sight of Sasuke — who was sprinting as if we were gonna die — I pushed chakra to my feet. It was a skill I'd recently learned from my father, no one besides my family knew about it... because there was no need for other people to know.

Sometimes I hated how much faster Sasuke was compared to me. He was always running away.

Thanks to that quick surge of chakra, I caught up to him.

"Look at this, Sanae!" He cheered. We entered the garden filled with in-bloom Sakura trees. Sasuke ran further in, a wide grin on his face as he spun around happily.

I walked to him, sending him a grin of my own. His onyx irises shimmered under the light, reflecting the petals that fell all around us.

He was very frustrating. But I was still drawn to him.

I sighed, a smile on my face.

In the corner of my eye, I saw familiar blonde hair. Craning my neck, I see Itachi-nii and his friend. A girl friend.

Pulling Sasuke's sleeve, I pointed to the pair. His eyes widened, before a sly grin tugged on his lips. I already knew that that meant.