3 ➣ Helping You

"In this fever, I can't be hesitating!"

S T A R T

Strolling through the village, Sanae's wide orbs were darting everywhere, in awe of the unmistakable beauty she called her home. Like every other day, it was bustling and alive. Sasuke was busy today, so she was left by herself.

It wasn't something she was foreign to.

In fact, she preferred it.

As much as she enjoyed Sasuke's presence, sometimes, he was too loud and hyper. It was difficult keeping up with him, sometimes. Blinking her red hues, she sighed, feeling guilty for sometimes being annoyed by Sasuke, she just wasn't into being social. It drained her.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" Up ahead, there was crowd. A pit formed in her stomach... something wasn't right.

Jogging, she pushed her way in, trying to get a glimpse of what was going on. On the ground, there was boy. She wasn't dumb, she knew who he was. Frowning, her body began to heat up in nervousness, stuck with what to do.

"Momma," Sanae spoke, catching the attention of her mother who was by the stove, stirring a pot of steaming stew.

"Yes, my dear?"

"Why doesn't anyone like Naruto-kun?" This question took Mika off guard. She turned to face her six-year-old daughter who was sitting at the dining table, looking at her with wide eyes.

Mika knew Naruto wasn't a bad child, he just lacked the aspects a child needs to grow mentally healthy. Although, her husband and Sanae's father — Daichi — didn't like Naruto. For what reasons? Who knew.

"I'm not sure, Sanae." Mika replied. And she wasn't lying, there was no logical reason as to why people didn't like him. He was a boy who basically saved Konoha, just why would people hate him?

"One time," she sputtered, playing with her pigtails as she looked at her mom, who listened with open ears. "I tried to be nice to him, he yelled at me at ran away."

Sanae drummed her fingers on the wooden table, continuing. "I think he was crying."

Mika's cerise irises reflected into Sanae's. The woman didn't know what to say. Knowing everybody in the village feared the young Uzumaki in a way, just by looking into her daughter's eyes... she could tell Sanae wasn't afraid.

Mika knew if Daichi found out the words she said to Sanae that day, that she would be in big trouble. Yet, she said them, anyway, knowing her daughter needed to hear them.

"You try your best to be as kind as you can to other people," she started. "But if they don't accept it, there's nothing you can do."