2 ➣ Ninja Training?

"In the future, and from now own, my heartbeat is quickening

"In the future, and from now own, my heartbeat is quickening."

S T A R T

A young Uchiha Sasuke finished school a few hours ago, and needless to say... he was bored. So he did the thing he always did, running through his home, he went to find his older brother — Itachi.

"Nii-san!" Sasuke called, running into the dining room, seeing his brother.

"Yes, Sasuke?" He calmly answered, secretly knowing what he was going to ask.

"Can you train with me?" He pleaded, his dark eyes shining. Itachi gave him a smile... Sasuke already knew what it meant.

"I have to go somewhere, today."

Sasuke sighed, plopping down on the cushion that sat on the floor. A sad look painting his face. Itachi walked up to him, squatting down to his level. Pushing a finger on his forehead, he gave Sasuke an apologetic smile. "Sorry, Sasuke. What about next time?"

Sasuke pouted. "You always say that."

"How about you ask Sanae? I'm sure she wouldn't mind training with you." The older Uchiha suggested, hiding a smirk when he saw his younger brother's eyes light up.

"Sanae-chan!" He beamed. "She will train with me!"

His mother, upon hearing the girl's name walked in, "I'm going to visit her mother, actually. Do you want to come with me?"

"Yeah!" The boy jumped up, pumping a fist in the air, an elated grin wiped across his face. Itachi and his mother shared a look, followed by a smile.

::

The young Asa was cleaning her room — though, she wasn't too good at it. Her blanket was lopsided, and things were oddly piled on top of each other. Other than that, her room looked... put together.

"Sanae!" Her mother sing-sang. "Sasuke's here!"

Her ear twitched, a grin stretching on her lips. Running out of her room, she rushed to the doorway. Their house was pretty modern, and it was something that the young boy found himself interested in, his eyes wandering everywhere.

However, he was knocked out of this state when he heard Sanae call his name.

"Hi, Sasuke." Just like all the other times she spoke, it rang all around his head. It was just so pretty. It wasn't overly cheerful or drowning in monotones. He found it perfect.

"Hi! Sanae-chan!" He grinned, waving. "Wanna train with me?" The dark-haired boy asked excitedly.

Looking at her mother, she smiled when her mom affirmed with a nod.

"Okay."

An elated grin formed on the young Uchiha's face, his eyes practically sparkling. Sanae went to put her shoes on, a lively feeling blooming in her chest. She wasn't sure as to what it was, figuring she was just excited to go out and play — which was something she wasn't fond of doing.

"Be careful!" Mikoto and Mika called in unison, watching as the two left. Sasuke's voice so loud, they could hear it though the door.

Mikoto gave a nervous smile, only to be reassured by Mika, who sighed, staring at the closed door with an almost dreamy smile. "Should we start thinking about our grandchildren?"

Mikoto giggled. "We'll see."

::

Creasing her eyebrows, the cerise-eyed girl began to form hand signs the young boy taught her. "Fireball... jutsu?"

Blowing out, nothing but air came from her mouth. A loud laugh came from behind her. Her head turned to look at Sasuke, the word "seriously?" all over her face.

"S-sorry, Sanae!" He apologized, but still wearing a wide grin. "I'm laughing at the way you said Fireball Justu! It was-" He wheezed, holding his stomach. "So funny!"

"Meanie," she uttered. Her mocha pigtails swaying with her as she turned her head, frowning lightly. He stopped laughing. The sound of Sasuke getting up, walking on the wooden pathway to her seemed louder than usual.

"Hey... Sanae," his whine-like-apologizing tone reaching her ears. It squeezed her heart. But because it was Sasuke, Sanae turned into a big softie.

"Yeah?" She answered, feeling him tug lightly on her sleeve, looking at her with guilty eyes.

The girl gave him a reassuring smile, easing his worries of upsetting Sanae. It was something he did quite often. And every single time, he would be forgiven with that same smile.

Looking at his sorry-filled irises, Sanae angled herself to fully face Sasuke. She noticed she was a little taller than him, and it almost made her laugh. Fixing her composure, she pinched Sasuke's nose. "I forgive you," she giggled, watching as Sasuke writhed under her grip.

"S-Sanae!" He whined, his voice turning nasally, making the girl laugh. She let go of his nose, the boy staring her down, before laughing as well.

What they were laughing at? Both weren't really sure at this point, but they basked in their moments together, not thinking about the future and the cruel situations it would put them in.

Instead, they lived in the moment... just like any other kid.

E N D

Woohoo! That is that!

Thank you for reading... and stay healthy and hydrated until next time!

<3