4 ➣ Growing Up

"Without a sound and without warning, our future secretly changes

"Without a sound and without warning, our future secretly changes."

S T A R T

Time was flying by. The warm weather and bright rays of the sun now a memory. The young girl sat on the windowsill in her living room, watching as the snow fell and coated the street in layers of white.

Drawing on her window, Sanae pondered about how Sasuke was doing. They hadn't seen each other in some time, since school was off for the holidays, and he started to get super busy due to Clan stuff.

She also thought about Naruto. He had no family, so what would he be doing for the holidays? A part of her wanted to invite the Uzumaki for dinner, but she knew her father would be seething. Sighing, she tried to rid of that thought, so she could feel a little less guilty.

She began to think about the new year, and wondered how it would be for her. She was turning seven in a couple months and she felt pretty excited; although, she knew not much would change. Though, you never knew what the world was up to.

Sanae began to think about everything that happened in the year, and smiled a little. In the six years and however many months she's lived, that was the most that happened in her whole life. Feeling elated, she slid off the ledge, going to her mother who was knitting by the fireplace.

"Momma... can I go outside?" The six-year-old girl asked, looking at her mother with curious eyes.

Mika frowned lightly, "I don't know, Sanae... it's really cold right now."

Pursuing her lips, she clasped her hands behind her back and looked up at her mom. Mika shook her head, placing her elbow on the armrest of the couch, her chin sitting atop her fist.

"Where are you going, anyway?" Mika's deep reddish-pink irises looking at her daughter. Sanae's gaze focused on the corner of the ceiling.

"I was gonna go to Sasuke's house..." Dragging out the "e" in Sasuke. Her mother contemplated on allowing Sanae to go meet her friend. Pondering, she knew that the Uchiha's were quite busy, and she didn't want to bother them.

"Honey, they're busy around this time..." Mika tried to convince her daughter to not go, and although she was usually very submissive, Sanae refused with a small shake of her head.

"Is it okay if I go to Naruto's then?" The girl pushed, looking up at her mother's deciding eyes, batting her lashes.

Mika sighed, slumping into the sofa. "No, it's getting really late. And you know that your dad doesn't like him."