11 (Epilogue) ➣ I Know

"I'm unable to wait for the feelings to pile up

"I'm unable to wait for the feelings to pile up."

S T A R T

Adorning a blue sash over his head, a beige cloak, and a new hairstyle, Sasuke walked through the village of Konoha. It was a crisp, foggy morning. The sun peeked through the clouds and did in fact clear the minimal morning fog.

Minutes ticked away, the streets of Konohagakure becoming louder and livelier with each passing moment.

The Uchiha had returned from his journey. Though, he would embark on another soon enough. He teleported to the top of the Hokage statues.

When Naruto knew he was back, there would definitely be a ruckus. But, he looked forward to seeing his blonde-haired friend again.

The pinkette that he wasn't sure if she was still head over heels for him was somewhere here, maybe she finally settled down?

He sighed. Familiar cerise hues and a gentle smile clouding his mind.

Sanae, he thought, looking down at the village.

Where are you?

::
: Years Later :

A familiar female strode through the village gates, she wore a cloak that covered her entire body. The bottom half of her face was covered by a mask, something she'd picked up from someone she met along the way.

Sanae made haste on her way to the Hokage's office. It'd been years since she'd seen the village she grew up in. She put on her list to visit her parents, who she spoke to frequently via air mail.

Arriving at the gates of the Hokage building, she looked up. Sanae exhaled slowly.

Better late than never.

::

"N-Nae-chan?" A shocked Naruto gaped. He took in her features. They were all in their thirties now, but Sanae still looked as young as ever.

Made him wonder what her secret was.

"Hey, Hokage-sama," She winked, throwing him a peace sign along with a goofy smile.

The blonde stood up, walking out from behind his desk with open arms. "Been a while, dattebayo!" Sanae hugged him, grinning.

"It really has."

He stepped away, holding a slightly forced smile — clearly hiding something. But really, he had news he wasn't excited to share. "How've you been?"

Sanae balanced on the heels of her feet. "Tired. But very satisfied and happy with what I've dedicated most of my energy to. You?"

::