Four

~11 months earlier~

Today was the day Cassidy would find out if her baby was a boy or a girl. She was upset Ashton couldn't be there, and so was he, but they both understood. So instead she sat in the passenger seat of Lynn's car as her, Cas, and Axel made their ways to the doctor.

"Are you excited?" Lynn asked as they sat down in the waiting room after signing in.

"Yeah. I can't wait to know the gender." Cas replied tapping her foot impulsively. She was so anxious.

You better text me as soon as you find out. ;) xx -Ash

She smiled at the cheeky text before replying.

Will do babe. xxx - Most Amazing Girl In The World

Ashton secretly loved her name in his phone even though he complained about it. He could've just changed it whenever, but he truly does love it.

"Cassidy Blake." The receptionist called making Cassidy jump out of her seat.

"That's me." She answered following the lady into the room with Lynn and Axel trailing behind.

"The doctor will be with you in a few minutes." She smiled before walking out.

"Oh my god Lynn!" She squealed jumping up and down. "I'm finding out the gender of my baby!"

"I know Cas," Lynn laughed. "Calm down. The doctors gonna walk in and think you're crazy."

"You crazy aunt Cas." Axel giggled from his mums lap. Cas sat down on the table and the doctor walked in right afterwards.

"How are you feeling Cassidy?" The doctor asked looking through her files.

"Great." She answered quickly.

"Okay, I know your excited so let's begin." The doctor pulled up Cassidy's shirt and rubbed some cold jelly on her bump.

Cassidy smiled down at it as the doctor took the machine and rubbed it around.

"Ah, there's the heart beat." Cassidy looked at the monitor at the doctors words and smiled. Tears were brimming her eyes. "Now, let's find out the gender." The doctor announced moving the machine around some more. "Look right there." The doctor said pointing at the screen. "You're having a girl." She determined before printing out the pictures and giving Cas something to wipe her belly with.

"You hear that Axel? You're gonna have a little girl cousin!" Lynn explained to the toddler excitedly.

"Yay!" He exclaimed clapping his hands.

It's a girl Ash, we're having a girl! -Most Amazing Girl In The World

Cassidy smiled down at her phone as she told Ashton as promised. She already started to think of some names.

That's great! I hope she has her mummy's pretty blue eyes. I can't wait to come see you again. I miss you so much Cas. -Ash

"Aunt Cas! You should name my cousin Cinderella!" Axel smiled clapping his hand and jumping around in his car seat.

"I'll think about it bud." She answered shaking her head. Sorry Axel, it definitely won't be Cinderella.

I miss you too Ash. I already have some names in mind. Axel thinks we should go with Cinderella. -Most Amazing Girl In The World

Hmm, I think Snow White would sound better. -Ash

Cassidy let out a loud laugh earning an odd glance from Lynn.

"You okay there Cas?" She asked awkwardly laughing.

"Yeah Lynn, I'm great actually."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ash, pay attention. We get on stage in a few minutes. Stop texting!" Calum groaned ripping the phone from his grip. "Oooh, it's that girl again!"

"No! Give it back!" Ashton screamed worried that Calum would read his texts. And of course, Calum being Calum, he did.

"Hmm, she said, 'now Axel's saying tinker bell.' Then you said, 'but Peter Pans better.' Then she said 'we're not naming our daughter after a dude.'" Calum reads. "What the fuck?! Your having a baby?!" He yelled his eyes jumping out of his head.

"Shh! Lower your damn voice!" Ashton whisper shouted stealing his phone back.

"Ashton, you need to fucking explain." Calum hissed. "Why didn't you tell anyone that you're having a baby?"

"Because I didn't want anyone to know. I only told Michael and my family. And now you know, which means you can't tell anyone Calum! Do you hear me? Nobody." Ashton warned.

"Why did you only tell Michael and why can't we tell Luke?" Calum questioned Ashton inquisitively.

"Because." He answered avoiding eye contact with Calum.

"Fine, then I'll just go tell Luke..."

"Calum." Ashton practically begged. "Please, if you were in my situation, I'd do it for you. And Michael only knows because he played the guilt card on me. Just please don't tell anyone. Not even Luke. I'll give you an explanation soon enough, okay?" Calum's eyes widened in shock. Ashton was really serious about this.

"Okay. I'm sorry. I'll leave it alone." Calum promised before walking over to grab his bass. "We gotta get on stage." Ashton nodded and followed the rest of the guys out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Late at night, Luke's mind sometimes wandered to Cas. He would be getting ready to fall asleep, when suddenly, her smile was all he saw. Her laugh was all he heard. It was killing him.

He broke up with her in such an insensitive way.

It wasn't that he didn't love her anymore, because hell, he did. He just felt bad. He held her back from her dreams of going to college, he didn't want to ruin her life with some long distance relationship or living on a bus and in hotel rooms.

Cassidy deserved so much more. He discussed it with Calum and he agreed. Cassidy was always so smart growing up. She was a straight A student. She always wanted to be a lawyer. She even got accepted into Harvard. But because of Luke, she didn't go. And he has always felt so terrible for that.

He was so scared of losing her that he held her back from her dreams.

When he went back to see Cassidy, and found she wasn't there, he really hoped that she was in America going to college like she always wanted to.

He hoped she wasn't ruining her life over him.

Little did Luke know, she wasn't ruining her life, but creating a new one with one of his band mates.