Nine

~6 months earlier~

"Where are you guys going?" Calum asked after he noticed Ashton and Michael hurriedly packing some things.

"Ashton's baby mummy had the baby!" Michael whisper shouted at Calum in excitement.

"Really?" Calum asked. "That's awesome man. Congrats." He beamed high fiving Ash.

"Thanks." He answered proudly. Ashton just wanted to get to Florida to meet little Adelaide Lilia.

"But how come Michael's going too?" Calum wondered aloud in confusion. It was Ashton's baby, not Michael's. He didn't see the need for him to go.

"Cause I'm the uncle, duh." Michael stated sticking out his tongue.

"Well I'm just as much an uncle to Ashton's kid as you are." Calum replied equally as childish.

"Yeah but you don't even know who the mum is."

"And you do?" Calum asked earning a sheepish nod from Ashton. "What the hell Ash! You told Michael but not me?"

"I didn't tell him. She told him that it was her." Ashton said slowly so that he didn't let anything slip.

"So you know her?" Calum asked deep in thought.

"Yeah, he does. Sorry dude, we gotta go!" Ashton yelled grabbing his bag and running out the door.

"Bye." Michael adds leaving a confused Calum. Who the hell was this mystery girl?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cassidy stirred in her uncomfortable bed when she heard voices. It is so hard to sleep in a hospital. She slowly opened her eyes to find Lynn standing next to her bed. "Oh, hey, sorry, did I wake you?" Lynn asked guiltily noticing her sister woke up.

"Sort of, it's fine though." She answered. "Where's Adelaide?" Cassidy asked suddenly feeling overprotective. Her motherly instincts are already kicking in.

"Over there with her daddy and uncle." Lynn smiled. Cas did too and she looked behind Lynn to find Ashton and Michael sitting in chairs talking in baby voices to the baby.

"Ash! Mikey!" Cassidy squealed. Her voice was hoarse from the prior screaming. They looked up when they heard her scratchy voice, now noticing she was awake. Ashton reluctantly handed his daughter off to Lynn to go over and greet Cassidy.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Ash asked leaning over to give her a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Like I just gave birth yesterday." She joked earning an eye roll from Ashton.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be here earlier. I got here as quick as I could." He apologized. "She's beautiful."

"I know." Cassidy smiled. "I think you have to sign some papers saying that you're the father."

"I already did." Ashton said a huge smiling growing on his face. "Adelaide Lilia Irwin. I like the sound of that." He beamed. Obviously he had seen her name on the birth certificate.

"I do too." Ashton went over to steal his baby back from Lynn, and Michael approached Cassidy.

"Hey Cas." Michael smiled giving her a wave.

"I haven't seen you in nine months and you wave to me and say hi? That's it?" She scoffed mostly jokingly. "Where's my hug Clifford?" They laughed and Michael gave her her hug.

"I can't believe that you just had a baby," Michael paused. "And that its Ashton's!" He chuckled. "It's actually quite funny in a fucked up kind of way."

"Excuse me? My four year old is right there. Would you mind not cursing around him?" Lynn snapped annoyed by Michael's "I can do what I want" attitude.

"Calm down babe, I'm sorry. I forgot he was there because well, he's asleep!" He groaned annoyed by Lynn's "uptight bitch" attitude.

"He can still hear you." She argued. "And don't call me babe." Michael and Lynn had met before, but they never actually talked.

Ashton walked over to Cas' bed with Addy in his arms and a smirk on his face. "I bet you they'll hook up before we leave in a few days."

"Ugh, I don't want you to leave." Cassidy whined.

"I know, I don't either but I-"

"Ashton, just ignore me if I say stuff like that. I'm just hormonal and worried. You've always been so good with kids and I just-" Cassidy stopped to let out a small sob. She didn't want to do this without Ashton but she wasn't going to make him stay. She'd never do that.

"Cas, I'm sorry-" Ashton started but Cas cut him off once again.

"No don't be. Like I said, I'm just very emotional right now." She sighed wiping at her eyes with the backs of her hands. "When is your family coming?" She asked changing the subject.

"Um, I think they're on the plane right now. Australia's pretty far."

"I know that. I lived there up until a few months ago." Cassidy pointed out.

"Ugh, your mood swings are giving me whiplash." Ashton groaned.

"Me too Ash."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day Ashton's family came to the hospital and the day after they took Addy home. Well, home for now at least. Cassidy decided that she wanted to wait a few months before going back home to Australia.

"Can I hold her?" Lauren asked as Anne Marie was holding her first grandchild with happy tears.

"Of course you can." Cassidy answered with a smile. This was really nice having Ashton and his family here. She really wanted Addy to grow up with family unlike she did. She's only really ever had Lynn. Her parents just give her money.

"She's so small." Lauren gasped as her mum gave her the baby.

"It's weird right?" Ashton asked with his cute little giggle.

"It's even weirder being an aunt."

"How do you think I feel? I'm a dad." Ashton and Lauren shared a laugh before Harry had his turn with the baby. "How does it feel to be an uncle Harry?" Ashton asked his little brother.

"I don't know." He shrugged smiling at the baby. It was really sweet how babies could just make everyone happy.

"Where did Michael go? Is he staying at a hotel?" Cassidy asked realizing that Michael just said goodbye and left. She never found out where he was going.

"I honestly think he went back with your sister." Ashton admitted remembering some stupid text Michael sent him.

"Oh god." Cas laughed. Her and Ashton both knew it'd happen. They just had so much sexual tension between them.

Cassidy's mind wandered to Luke for a minute. She really wished that they were still together. But I guess everything happens for a reason, right? If he didn't dump her there would be no Adelaide.

And with that last thought, she stopped thinking about Luke for a while and just focused on Adelaide.

[So, the last name is Irwin! Calum's kinda mad that he doesn't know who the mum is and he's not allowed to see the baby. Luke still has no idea what's going on. Poor Luke. :( Any thoughts? Well then leave them in the comments! And if you liked it please vote!]