Seven

~7 months earlier~

Cas was 8 months pregnant now and she was getting really nervous. Ash was supposed to be in America next month so he was hoping he'd be able to make it to the birth or at least be there the day Addy was born.

They decided that they would call her Addy for short. Cassidy thought it was adorable. Ashton did too, but he also agreed because he didn't want to upset a pregnant woman.

Lately, Cas just stayed at home and hung out with Lynn and Axel. He still had many questions. The day he asked "Where will the baby come out?", Cassidy was relieved that Lynn was there to answer that one.

Lynn and Cassidy picked out a bunch of cute baby clothes and toys for the baby. She also got a package in the mail from Michael. There was a hot pink onesie that had a guitar on it and a bib that read "I love my uncle" and a bunch of other cute things.

Cassidy found it adorable that Mikey wanted to be involved and be like an uncle figure to Addy. They talked at least twice a week ever since she told him and he was very excited about the baby. And Ash was happy that he had someone to talk to while they were on tour.

Cassidy still hadn't told Ashton how she felt. She wasn't sure how to say it.

"Hello?" Cassidy answered her phone knowing it was Ash.

"Cas, I feel really bad right now, but I can't keep doing this." He said before taking a big breath. "I love you Cassidy, but not in the way I thought I would. I have always loved you as a friend, and this pregnancy has definitely brought us closer. I thought I had feelings for you but it was just a crush I guess. I hope you don't hate me now, because everyone has hurt you, but I won't. I'll still be there for you and Adelaide, I just don't want to be anything more than friends."

"Oh my god." Cassidy muttered.

"Please don't hate me Cas. I still love you, just not in that way." He rambled hoping she wouldn't get upset.

"Thank god!" She yelled surprising Ashton. "I've been trying to find a way to tell you that for like the past two months."

"Really?" Ashton asked in surprise. "I have too. I felt really bad because I thought you liked me. I guess not." He laughed and Cassidy joined in.

"I honestly still love Luke." She sighed exasperated.

"That's great!" He beamed. "He wrote a new song and it's obviously about you."

"Really?" Cassidy's heart was beating out of her chest. "How does it go? Is it a good song or is it like saying that he hates me?" Either way, he thought about her while writing it.

"It's good. It's about how he misses you but he doesn't know where you are or something? I don't know but I'll send you it once we record it. I only just got the lyrics." He promised making Cassidy even more happy.

After they hung up, Cas didn't know how to feel. She was relieved that Ashton has mutual feelings. She was ecstatic that Luke missed her. But she was confused. Luke's the one who dumped her. If he still had feelings for her, then why would he dump her?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Was that Cas again?" Luke asked after Michael got off the phone with Cassidy.

"Yeah." He answered.

"I heard you ask her if she liked the package. What package?" Luke asked feeling jealous that Cas talked to Michael and not him. But then again, Michael actually contacted her, he was still being a coward and couldn't bring himself to click on her contact.

"It was nothing. I just sent her some things, gosh, stop being so jealous. Just call her already." Michael rolled his eyes at Luke's behavior.

"I don't know what to say." Luke admitted. She probably hates him. "Does she ever ask about me?"

"Not really. There was this one time she told me that she still loves you, but other than that-"

"She still loves me?!?" Luke screamed interrupting Michael. "Even though I was an ass she still loves me?" Luke felt so happy. Cassidy still loved him. And he definitely still loved her.

"Yeah. But other than the time she said that, she doesn't really talk about you. She gets upset if I bring you up so I stay away from the topic of you." Michael admits. Luke immediately feels bad. "Ashton talks to her too."

"Really? Since when?" Luke asked astonished.

"He never stopped talking to her. They've talked the whole time we've been on tour."

"How come I didn't know about this?" Luke whined.

"Because he didn't want you to know I guess."

That was it. If Michael and Ashton could talk to Cassidy, so could Luke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For a while we pretended

That we never had to end it

But we knew we'd have to say goodbye

You were crying at the airport

When they finally closed the plane door

I could barely hold it all inside

Torn in two

And I know I shouldn't tell you

But I just can't stop thinking of you

Wherever you are

You

Wherever you are

Every night I almost call you

Just to say it always will be you

Wherever you are

I could fly a thousand oceans

But there's nothing that compares to

What we had, and so I walk alone

I wish I didn't have to be gone

Maybe you've already moved on

But the truth is I don't want to know

Torn in two

And I know I shouldn't tell you

But I just can't stop thinking of you

Wherever you are

You

Wherever you are

Every night I almost call you

Just to say it always will be you

Wherever you are

You can say we'll be together

Someday

Nothing lasts forever

Nothing stays the same

So why can't I stop feeling this way

Torn in two

And I know I shouldn't tell you

But I just can't stop thinking of you

Wherever you are

You

Wherever you are

Every night I almost call you

Just to say it always will be you

Wherever you are"

Cassidy's phone beeped with a text from Ashton. It was a recording of them playing the song with the title "Wherever You Are." It took her breath away.

Luke wrote that? For her? She clicked on it again and again just listening to his voice and the words he was saying.

That night when Cas went to bed, her mind was full of one person. Luke. She missed him even more now. "I love you Luke." She sighed with tears in her eyes before falling asleep.