Eight

~6 months earlier~

Cassidy's water broke when she was sitting on the couch watching tv with Lynn. It was early in the morning so Axel fell back asleep on the other couch. "Lynn, it's time Lynn." She said hurriedly. They grabbed the bag she already had packed and Lynn picked up a sleeping Axel as they rushed to the car.

"Mommy?" Axel muttered, slowly waking up.

"We're going to the hospital baby. Aunt Cas is having her baby!" Lynn explained to the sleepy four year old.

"Cool." He mumbled not really comprehending what was going on. Once Lynn buckled him into the car seat, her and Cas got in the car and went.

"How do you feel?" Lynn asked to try and ease the tension. She remembered what it was like to go into labor and it sure as hell isn't easy.

"Like I'm about to have a baby." She replied bluntly.

"Sorry." Lynn mumbled. Cassidy had every right to snap at her. For one, that was a pretty stupid question, and two, she's going into labor. "We'll be there in about 10 more minutes, sorry Cas."

Cassidy took this time to pull out her phone and call Ashton.

"Hello?" Ashton answered.

"Hey Ash, yeah, it's time. We're on the way to the hospital right now." Cas said hurriedly. She was trying to do breathing exercises like how it said to in the books she read.

"Oh my god!" He squealed, practically like a little girl. Cassidy could just picture his goofy smile and jumping around in her head.

"Yeah, I know." She mumbled.

"Damn it Cas, I'm so sorry." Ashton yelled aggravated. "We're in North Carolina and we have a show tonight. But I promise, as soon as we're done I'll be on the next flight to Florida." He promised. "Shit, I wish I could be there."

"It's okay Ash. We knew this might happen. Just come as soon as you can, okay?" Cassidy wanted to ask him to just skip the concert and leave for Florida right now. But she knew she couldn't. He would disappoint so many people if he did. She just really wanted him to be there by her side the whole time. But she understood that he couldn't and told him it was alright.

"I'll be there. I promise. Just tell Addy that her daddy loves her and that he's sorry that he can't be there." He sighed sadly.

"Okay Ash." Cassidy sighed. "I love you. Good luck tonight." Cas and Ash always told each other they loved each other now. Because they did, just not in that way.

"I love you too Cas. And good luck to you as well." He laughed sadly and they hung up. Two minutes later they were pulling up to the hospital.

They rushed in and Lynn went straight to the front desk. "Um, my sisters going into labor." She explained hurriedly. A nurse rushed over with a wheel chair and led them down to a delivery room.

The nurse got Cas settled and into the hospital gown. Eventually a doctor walked in holding a file. "Hi Cassidy, I will be delivering your baby. I'm doctor Faye and I'm just going to check if your ready to start pushing." The middle aged lady smiled at Cassidy before checking to see if she was ready. "Not quite yet Cassidy, we'll have to wait a bit longer."

Cassidy didn't bother telling her parents she was having the baby because they didn't even care when she told them she's pregnant. She knew Ashton would tell his family and Michael so she didn't have to tell anyone.

A nurse offered to watch Axel in the waiting room so Lynn could stay with her sister. Cassidy got a text from Michael saying he was coming with Ashton and after that, she knew she was ready.

"Ah, holy f**k!" Cassidy screamed making the doctor rush over.

"Okay Cassidy, I think it's time we get your daughter out."

It was a long and painful process. People kept screaming at Cassidy to "push" and she probably broke Lynn's hand from holding it so tightly. But she finally got her daughter. So in the end, it was all worth it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Calum, I'm doing this." Luke decided as he got up to grab his phone. He mustered up some courage and tapped on the name Cas Blake in his phone.

It rang, and rang, and rang. "Cmon Cas, pick up." Luke muttered. "Baby, please." He groaned.

When the call went to her voicemail, Luke was a little bit happier to hear her voice.

After he snapped out of the daze of hearing her recorded voice, he tried once again. He availed with no luck.

"I'm so stupid!" Luke screamed at himself. "Why would she answer the phone if it said that Luke was calling?" He asked rhetorically. "She probably hates me, and I don't blame her! I hate me too!" Luke was full on sobbing and he collapsed to his knees.

"Woah, Luke!" Calum yelled scared, he rushed over and helped up his best friend.

"I messed up everything Cal." He cried staining Calum's shirt with tears.

"I'm sorry bud." Calum said not really sure what else there was to say.

"Me too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adelaide was born on February 16 at 1:47 pm. She was 7 pounds and 7 ounces and 21 inches. She had blue eyes, but every baby is born with blue eyes and then sometimes they change later on. And she had a very little amount of blonde hair.

Cassidy was a blonde and Ashton had a dirty blondish hair color so she knew the baby would definitely have blonde hair. But she had blue eyes and Ashton had a greenish Hazel sort of color. She remembered Ashton mentioning him wanting the baby to have Cassidy's eyes. She honestly didn't care. She just cared that Adelaide was healthy, which she was.

"Mommy!" Axel whined from a chair in Cassidy's room. "I'm bored."

"You can play on my phone Ax. Just don't text or call anyone." Cassidy told him and he immediately got up to play with her phone.

Cassidy didn't realize that while she was giving birth, Luke called, twice. She kind of couldn't hear anything over her screaming.

Axel was four and he didn't know what he was doing when he accidentally deleted the calls. Leaving no way for Cassidy to know that Luke tried to contact her. And Luke had already given up when she didn't answer the first time. Or the second. So he wasn't going to call again.

At the moment Cassidy was sleepily holding Adelaide in her arms.

"We have to make the birth certificate, so I wanted to know if it was going to be Adelaide Lilia Blake, or is her father in the picture?" A nurse asked awkwardly. She didn't want to intrude on Cassidy's personal life, but duty calls.

"He's actually in North Carolina right now but he'll be here tomorrow." She cleared up. Even though she didn't really have to. She just liked hearing the idea that Ashton was coming. She knew Lynn was there but it wasn't the same as having two of her best friends come, one of them who's the father of the baby.

"Okay, so the last name is?" The nurse asked again.

Cassidy hadn't even thought about that part to be honest. She just liked the idea of Adelaide Lilia. She didn't even think about the last name. What was she supposed to put?

(Ooh. Is Cas gonna put Blake or Irwin? Please like and comment, I love to hear your thoughts!)