Eleven

~2 months earlier~

The worst part of the move back was probably bringing a 3 month old baby on the plane.

Addy wasn't that bad. She cried a few times, but other than that she was pretty easy going.

They moved into a little house in Ashton's neighborhood. It's only one floor but there's a master bedroom and two smaller bedrooms. Cassidy made the bigger of the two Adelaide's nursery, with help from Lauren and Harry, again.

They've been living in the house for a month now and Cassidy must admit, she has really missed Australia. She was trying to convince Lynn to come back too.

Cassidy's birthday was coming up in a few days. She wasn't expecting anything for it, she just planned on spending the day with Adelaide just like any other day.

"But you're turning 19." Lauren stressed. "We have to celebrate."

"19 really isn't a big deal. If it was 20, well then that's a different story." Cas argued. Cas and Lauren hung out a lot ever since she came back. Lauren was her only friend right now. Sometimes Cas would pick her up after school and the three girls would go to the mall.

"We should go to a nice restaurant." Lauren suggested completely disregarding Cassidy's words.

"A 4 month old baby in a nice restaurant? Sounds lovely." She mocked. "Lauren, I don't want anything. Maybe you guys could just come over and we'll eat pizza and watch a movie."

"What about the beach?" Cas immediately pointed to Adelaide and Lauren sighed. "Ugh, why can't we do something fun? You should have a party at least!"

"I don't have friends for a party. My only friends are Ashton and Michael and maybe Calum and Luke dumped me." It's actually been over a year since they've been broken up. Oh, how the time flies when you're pregnant.

"Oh shut up drama queen, Luke wrote a song about you, he still loves you." For a 12 year old, she's insightful.

"Okay, how about you your mum and Harry come over and we order pizza. Then we eat a cake and we watch my favorite movie." Cassidy was doing that no matter what Lauren said.

"Fiiinnnnee." She sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy birthday. I sent you a present it should be there today. I love you, have a great day. -Ash

Haha, someone's getting old! I was thinking about giving you nudes as a present but Ashton said you wouldn't like that. I just put my gift in the mail. Have a bad birthday. -Mikey

Umm, I think you hate me but I really miss you. I remembered your birthday of course and I wish I was there with you to celebrate. Hopefully I'll see you soon. Happy birthday, I hope you get my present. -Calum

Wow, a text from Calum. She really missed him. Cassidy walked to her front door when the delivery guy knocked. "I have some packages for a Cassidy Blake."

"That's me." Cas said signing the papers. "Thanks."

There was five packages. She opened the biggest one first.

"Your laptop broke and and we couldn't Skype so I got you a new one. Love, Ash" said the note attached to it. Inside the box was indeed a new laptop. It was a nice dark blue color.

She then opened a small box that said "From your best friend Michael." Inside was a gift card for this ice cream place they always used to go to.

Next was a plain white envelope. The name on it was one of her best friends. Calum Hood.

Inside lay a ticket. A ticket to a One Direction show in two months. In two months they will be back in Australia preforming a show and Calum sent her a ticket.

Cassidy tucked it back into the envelope not wanting to think about that quite yet.

The next present was some stuff for Addy from Lynn and Axel.

The last package confused Cas. Who else is there? She was already shocked enough at the text and envelope from Calum. Now what?

It was a sealed yellow envelope and inside lie a DVD. She stared at it in confusion for a minute. "What is this?" Cas asked aloud even though she wouldn't get an answer.

She popped it into her DVD player out of curiosity. She was actually kind of scared. What could it be?

When none other than Luke Hemming's face popped up on the screen, she gasped.

"Happy Birthday Cassidy." He started. Cassidy took a seat on her couch and stared at the screen intently. "You're 19 now. It really annoys me that you're older than me." He let out an awkward chuckle. "I don't really know where to begin. I heard that you moved to America, and then back to Australia. Michael gave me your address and he explained to me why you weren't there whenever I visited.

"Gosh Cas, I've missed you. I've been wanting to talk to you ever since I left. But I guess I'm a coward because I never had the guts to call you. I never even tried to look for you. But one day I did try calling you, twice actually, but you didn't answer. I don't blame you though." When did he call her? Cassidy couldn't recall any missed calls from Luke.

"I just wanted to tell you a few things. The tour has been pretty awesome, but I know it would've been ten times better if I wasn't missing you the whole time. You know it's silly, I broke up with you to try and do something selfless, but I just wanted you with me the whole time so I'm obviously not very good at being selfless." Selfless? How the hell would him dumping her benefit her?

"I haven't been with anyone since you because I still love you and I don't think I'll ever stop." Cassidy felt a pang of guilt wash over her. "But I understand if you've moved on and found someone new. I don't deserve you. I hurt you and I apologize for that Cas.

"Also, happy birthday, again. And I just wanted to let you know why I broke up with you. I know I said there was this vote thing and that we decided we didn't want you to come, but that was all me. I didn't want you to come Cassidy." Ouch. "I didn't let you go to Harvard, instead I told you to stay behind for me. And it would be hypocritical if I stopped you from following your dreams, but I was allowed to follow mine. I wish that I let you come along, but I didn't because I'm a stupid asshole. Instead of explaining to you why I didn't want you to come, I broke up with you. And that was the biggest mistake I've ever made.

"Cas, I love you, and I always will. I hope that you'll somehow find it in yourself to forgive me, but I understand if you can't. I'll be home in two months. Hopefully I'll see you then. Have a great birthday Cas, I love you."

When Cassidy thought it was over, and she was on the verge of tears, words came up. They said "I wrote this song for you." And it started to play.

It was that song Ashton showed her. "Wherever You Are."

After it played, the tears fell. Cassidy had no idea what to think. She was still very much in love with Luke, but how could she forgive him after that? And what would he think? She had sex with his best friend and they had a baby!

Addy's cries coming from her bedroom snapped Cassidy out of this. "Not today." She mumbled walking away from the presents and the TV to aid her crying baby.

[Yay Calum! Calum's trying to play doctor love and get them back together but lol, Cas has a baby. Ashton's baby.

What are your thoughts on Luke? Part of me feels bad for him because he was trying to be nice and help her follow her dreams, but he's also kinda an ass for doing it. And the whole thing with Adelaide. How do you think he'll react to that?

Lauren Irwin seems awesome and I don't care how young she is, I had to make her Cas' best friend.

Okay guys. Thanks for reading vote and comment!]