Three

The night seemed to be going well. I sat in the car, anxiously awaiting what we were going to talk about once we arrived at the restaurant. He didn't tell me where we were going to eat, which made me even more anxoius. However, after a few moments of small talk in the car, he pulls up to where he took me when he asked me to be his girlfriend. He pulled into Olive Garden.

Seven Years Earlier...

"I agreed to go to this stupid homecoming with you, but I didn't agree to you buying me dinner! We're friends, remember? Friends." I quietly hissed at him in the car.

"Whaaaat?" He whined, "I may or may not be buying a lovely lady dinner before homecoming."

Dammit, he made me blush.

"We're not even dating, stop calling me cute names." I said, crossing my arms and pouting slightly.

"Come on, Julie. I just want to buy you dinner." He said, pulling to a red light and turning to me, pulling a puppy dog face. Fuck.

"Stop it!" I yelled, smacking his arm lightly. He didn't comply. Instead, he stuck his lower lip out further and whimpered like a puppy.

"Fine. Buy me dinner," I mumbled angrily. He grinned and clapped once, interrupted by a horn sounding behind us. The light had been green for awhile now and we were still sitting there.

"Ah, shit! Sorry elderly lady!" He yelled and waved apologetically out the window. He drove a few miles and pulled into Olive Garden.

"Oh my god. This is my absolute favorite place!" I said, grinning.

"I know. I asked your friends where you liked to eat. Rachel said Taco Bell & Katie said pizza party, but then they eventually said go to Olive Garden." He said with a stupid grin on his face.

I rolled my eyes as he pulled into a spot. He put the car in park and turned the car off. We got out and walked to the front of the car. He looked me up and down and said, "wow... Just.. Wow."

Blush. Again.

He extended his arm and offered me his hand. I took it and he led me inside.

"Hey... Let's play a game." Mark asked.

"What game?" I said after taking a drink.

"20 questions." He said.

"Um... Why?"

"We don't know each other well enough!" he said, running his fingers through his hair.

"We've been friends for, like, four years, Mark..." I paused because he was about to do his pouting shit. "But, I'll play."

He smiled and started the game. "Favorite color?" He asked.

"Um, blue. Favorite video game?" I asked.

"Outlast. Favorite movie?" He asked.

"Titanic. Favorite thing about a girl?" I asked, he chuckled.

"Hair and eyes. Your hair and eyes are lovely, by the way." He said, smiling. "Why'd you say yes to my homecoming proposal?"

"Because it was adorable." Which, it was. He had a poster that said "Can we feel the love tonight at homecoming?" I had to say yes. Lion King was too great to say no to.

I continued, "why'd you ask me?"

"I wanted to go with you because of this next question. Will you be my girlfriend?"

I smiled and nodded. "Hell yeah."